• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

GutZ31

Didn't they say it was going to be $10? There was the whole controversy about how ridiculously priced it was and they said they dropped the price. There's no way they were originally asking for more than $20 right? $20 is ridiculous so it must be $10 now right?
Keep saying its $10 and maybe it will come true. I believe in you Tahdd.

Kalamari

Khepri's Sting any good for a Hunter? Just dropped for me in PoE but I have no experience of a Hunter. I also have for my Hunter Knucklehead Radar and Young Ahamkara's Spine. So 3 exotics for a class I ain't even started lol.

I would hold onto it, it allows Hunters to do some cool things. It's a fun class, you should try it out.

Tovarisc

Didn't they say it was going to be $10? There was the whole controversy about how ridiculously priced it was and they said they dropped the price. There's no way they were originally asking for more than $20 right? $20 is ridiculous so it must be $10 now right?

"We’re actively working to make the digital content from the Collector’s Edition available in a $20 upgrade bundle (suggested retail price), available on 9/15/2015. If you purchase a stand-alone version of Destiny: The Taken King, or already have, you'll be able to pick up the digital items as soon as they are available."
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13090

Namikaze1

I wish they cost $10. Maybe then I would actually buy them. But they're $20.

Anastasis

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now. Level 25 warlock (switching between voidwalker and sunsinger). PVE only so far and finished the story missions last week.

Just grinding factions and marks at moment with a bit of DB and HoW missions.

Is there an international guild available? I'd like to try some strikes and raids if that's possible. I'm on Xbox One and time zone is Middle East. I guess European time zones would be best.

There is an Xbox One DGAF link in the OP. I believe there is a group on the100.io as well.

putting seatbelt on for clique group posts incoming

Totally know what you mean.

It's one of those things, it sucks.

people refuse to acknowledge it, but unless you're a familiar poster - your posts are ignored. I fell ignored or punished because I post on other games
' topics, not just Destiny - though I'm on Destiny all the time.

SpecX

I'm addicted. I bought the Destiny PS4 bundle last month and realized I won't get to play till UPS/FedEx delivers which is usually not till 2-3 pm. Since I have the day off, I can't wait that long and bought the PSN digital version as well so I can start TTK as soon as it drops.

I'm afraid my ~300 coins isn't enough. Can't imagine having 80 when going to Xur in 2.0 :/

Why would 300 not be enough? At most you'll be buying 3-4 items each week and you can get 27 each week from doing weekly.

Motes of light is more concerning considering how much of a crapshoot engrams are. I spent 100+ just to finally get the ram this week. Though they have said that drops will be more catered to stuff you're missing.

todd360

Keep saying its $10 and maybe it will come true. I believe in you Tahdd.

"We’re actively working to make the digital content from the Collector’s Edition available in a $20 upgrade bundle (suggested retail price), available on 9/15/2015. If you purchase a stand-alone version of Destiny: The Taken King, or already have, you'll be able to pick up the digital items as soon as they are available."
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13090

Damn it... Wth was it priced at before?

Totally know what you mean.

It's one of those things, it sucks.

people refuse to acknowledge it, but unless you're a familiar poster - your posts are ignored. I fell ignored or punished because I post on other games
' topics, not just Destiny - though I'm on Destiny all the time.

I feel the same way. #feelingignored #whywontsenpaiacknowledgemylove #bakas

Tovarisc

Why would 300 not be enough? At most you'll be buying 3-4 items each week and you can get 27 each week from doing weekly.

Motes of light is more concerning considering how much of a crapshoot engrams are. I spent 100+ just to finally get the ram this week. Though they have said that drops will be more catered to stuff you're missing.

No amount is enough! :D

300 coins and ~350 motes, should get me started tho. Not sure if I want convert all rest shards into motes.

Edit: Tempted to bruteforce XP booster from RedBull site :/

Weeklies won't drop coins anymore

GutZ31

Damn it... Wth was it priced at before?
Before, it wasn't priced separately, and you had to buy the collectors edition digitally, or physically.
At the time of the uproar about it, people couldn't find the physical edition, as they were sold out, and the digital edition was the same price, with much less stuff to show for its price.

Bungie responded by saying they would have an option.
Turned into the $20 emote and extras pack that the digital CE has.

sure thing. i dunno what time works for folks, but so far i have:

-Myself
-Figs
-Zoba (so he can laugh at me)
-Namakaze
-you possibly
-open slot

The big issue here is that I have to do normal Crota before hard :/.

I'm free now, so whenever.

If one of us is fireteam leader, we can go straight into HM no problem.

Sofa King

So my first inclination was to run NF before work tomorrow but now I'm thinking if it is done after the update you will probably get legendary marks. Hmmm...

Are people waiting to run stuff til after the update?

Rubenov

The CE has those class items that give you bonus XP, right? Any other version has these? That's the one thing I see being quite useful.

Man, I can't wait to go on a dismantling spree to clear up some space once 2.0 hits tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out what stuff to hang on to, though. I'm thinking anything that can be re-rolled should be kept, but anything from prior to the DLCs worth keeping, like old vendor legendaries or stuff like Efrideet's Spear?

Here's what I have
, don't mind the non-legendary junk, I only have one character that I play primarily.

phen0m24

So I found my first OT post. Can't believe I waited until OT8.

Got my first crack at the raid last night with some fantastic people. Hawkian, NarcissisticJay, Palom12, Union Carbine and wins1991 - thanks again, guys!!

RNG dropped me a Chatterwhite, Praedyth's Revenge, shards and ascendant energy. I'll take it. PR - low impact, but such a smooth fire rate and light recoil...

Gosh the raid was fun. I mean, like "fun" fun. I can see how people would not want to raid with randoms (after the experience I was privileged to be part of) - but I hope more people jump in and try it. Maybe I can help others the way these guys helped me one of these days!

So my first inclination was to run NF before work tomorrow but now I'm thinking if it is done after the update you will probably get legendary marks. Hmmm...

Good plan, but there isn't one. Nightfall won't be back till the 15th

Also I'm trying to get my friend to 34 before the update. He is currently 32 and a half with the PoE boots from this week. If I manage to get him to 33 with the gloves from the reset it should be possible to take him through the 34?

LTWood12

Got my first crack at the raid last night with some fantastic people. Hawkian, NarcissisticJay, Palom12, Union Carbine and wins1991 - thanks again, guys!!

RNG dropped me a Chatterwhite, Praedyth's Revenge, shards and ascendant energy. I'll take it. PR - low impact, but such a smooth fire rate and light recoil...

Gosh the raid was fun. I mean, like "fun" fun. I can see how people would not want to raid with randoms (after the experience I was privileged to be part of) - but I hope more people jump in and try it. Maybe I can help others the way these guys helped me one of these days!

Yeah it's weird looking back at my old posts (around OT12 I think). It's like hearing yourself talk on a voicemail.

There will be no NF, weekly or dailies next week so no mark hoarding before TTK, we'll start at zero

I just did one last night and got coins. Do you mean post update?

Yep post update, All the changes are in the last weekly update

GutZ31

And Hawkian is still at it.

You have filled the role of Sherpa quite well. Congratulations.

Sofa King

Good plan, but there isn't one. Nightfall won't be back till the 15th

Also I'm trying to get my friend to 34 before the update. He is currently 32 and a half with the PoE boots from this week. If I manage to get him to 33 with the gloves from the reset it should be possible to take him through the 34?

This will be a strange week.

Yes, you can still do Strike Playlists and Crucible. Just no major boosts and buffs like with the Nightfall or Weekly Heroic.

Also make sure if you are still grinding factions for Space Ferrari like I am, don't turn the resets bounties in until after the patch. As they will hopefully be changed rep wise to reward the same as they would with the Nightfall buff, since they are removing that.

Gonna be so fun waiting for this to download on my connection. Hopefully it'll be done by 1 pm Wednesday, but I'm expecting that to be when it finishes.
Oh well, at least I have the new database to look at tomorrow.

Top Bottom