• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, patch will hit around 19 PM or even later here in mid Europe. Oh well, at least we'll be able to play TTK at 11am in the morning.

The download will take for ever.

I don't get it. It just means the enemies take less damage and dish out more. Which basically means that at the end of the day they are just "elite" enemies who have more health and do more damage.

So..why is this bad? WOuld people really be ok if they were the same level as the player but just had higher stats that amount to the exact same numbers as if they are one level above the player?

I don't understand.

At all.

It's more about wanting more interesting gameplay vs a health buff and damage reduction that you can never get to. Because it's system-based, it's fairly cheap.

So you can not get it, it's fine; but there's a lot of people that feel the same way.

In other news, I bought the Hunter knife, and am debating on the Hawkmoon.

I'm a Star Wars fan, but I've had enough of these 10 second teasers where people go crazy for 2 seconds of footage. It does nothing for me; my lightsaber doesn't activate each time the Millennium Falcon is on screen. I'm not against homages, but everything they have released has fallen into two categories:
  • Nostalgia - Tatooine, Storm Troopers, original cast, Falcon, X wings
  • Fan Fiction. Ergo, stuff like this
tumblr_nri1xqKJBx1ruok98o1_500.gif

It looks goofy.

The first full length teaser we got was great.... and they've been retreading that trailer ever since.

They want to show as little spoilery content as possible, and banking heavily on nostalgia is the obvious thing to do right now either way. That doesn't mean the whole movie will be retreading old ground. Not that Star Wars needs to be particularly revolutionary anyways.

The info about Ren alone makes me confident there will be sufficient originality in this movie. But really, the primary goal of the first movie is to get people in the door, not to take them on a tour of the whole house. Episode 8 is when thats really gonna happen I believe, if I were to base my view on the choice of directors alone. That and I think the books and comics will greatly expand in scope after TFA.

I understood what you meant.
120fps was exaggerated wording for what you perceive to be faster gameplay.

And Destiny is faster gameplay wise by a mile.
Still loving my MGS5 while I can peel myself away from Destiny.

I know, poor choice of wording. The pace of movement just left me a little dizzy.

I picked up a Thorn bounty this weekend just so I could dismantle it immediately on Tuesday :)
Sure does feel good beating a thorny mother fucker with my Allfate tho!

PSA - if anyone is looking for a lifetime supply of salt for your personal salting needs (for french fries, salting snowy roads, tequila shots or whatever) just check out the Bungie forums tomorrow after the patch.

Search on keywords like 'thorn' 'final round' 'nerf' 'not buying ttk' 'how could you bungie'

noomi

I might have to work overtime tomorrow, I really hope I can get my work done fast so I can get home and Destiny it up.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I can't wait for tomorrow:

AaRiSvq.gif

wwkKQdj.gif

tGZFB9O.gif

TUTwUcI.gif
LOL. You think that but remember the wording in the Weapon Balance 2.0 update post...

Changes:
Reduce base damage of Thorn’s Mark of the Devourer DoT (Damage over Time) to roughly 1/3 of what it was in PVP and PVE
Allow DoT to stack up to 5x across multiple landed projectiles
This is a net buff for Thorn’s DoT, but reduces the lethality of the weapon in PVP

NET BUFF!

People will still use Thorn in PvP.

Go eat a pizza or something :p

Fonz72

LOL. You think that but remember the wording in the Weapon Balance 2.0 update post...

Changes:
Reduce base damage of Thorn’s Mark of the Devourer DoT (Damage over Time) to roughly 1/3 of what it was in PVP and PVE
Allow DoT to stack up to 5x across multiple landed projectiles
This is a net buff for Thorn’s DoT, but reduces the lethality of the weapon in PVP

NET BUFF!

People will still use Thorn in PvP.

Go eat a pizza or something :p

This is good. It was pretty terrible in PVE!

Namikaze1

Is there a certain website or program you use to make these? They're great!
Photoshop.

Made them a while back.

Ocean put out a challenge for folks like rodiard, sushi, and myself. Originally it was the Throwing Thorn in trash challenge. Ocean later on suggested we make something for Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker.

All those gifs above are the result of those challenges.

ocean

Banned
Photoshop.

Made them a while back.

Ocean put out a challenge for folks like rodiard, sushi, and myself. Originally, it was the Throwing Thorn in trash challenge. Ocean later on suggested we make something for Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker.
Still can't believe you did these :p great stuff man.

Daemul

We had a good send off for the Fatebringer, Black Hammer and Ghorn this week with the Arc and Solar modifiers on the Nightfall. T'was an honour.

get

deafmedal

Lets do this
Yay!

Fresh HM VoG, let's end year one by trashing Atheon for all the crap he gave us before :)

1. Fonz72
2. deafmedal
3. Mrgamer
4. AQ706 (we'll have better luck than the last time we ran trials surely :p)
5. Robdraggo
6. ???

Edit: need to wash my tat, will be a min!

Mrgamer

Yay!

Fresh HM VoG, let's end year one by trashing Atheon for all the crap he gave us before :)

1. Fonz72
2. deafmedal
3. Mrgamer
5. Robdraggo
6. ???

my psn is v1br4t1ons

todd360

Does anyone have the skoriks bounty? I decided to do the grim cards after all. Kinda dumb to have one tied to a bounty and not have that bounty available on the last day to get the cards.

Yay!

1. Fonz72
2. deafmedal
3. Mrgamer
5. Robdraggo
6. ???

Let us know when your ready

hydruxo

So do I pop my Cryptarch package tomorrow or on the 15th? I'm guessing the 15th because the gear will follow the actual expansion's launch, huh?

Any Cryptarch packages you have now are going to decrypt pre-TTK engrams & items. What you need to do is edge out your rep to just before the next rank and then push it over when TTK drops next week.

Top Bottom