• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

NeoRausch

Exclusive, behind the scenes look at the PSN server farm.

giphy.gif

That's waaaaay to much action there!

Pausing and resuming might give you a false positive. It's factoring in the time that's it's authenticating the incomplete download into your overall download time estimate.

ViciousDS

Banned
I need to get an SSD so I can stop watching my download slow down for a few seconds while it dumps all the info stored in flash and RAM onto the actual disc lol

shermas

I wouldn't mess with that, when vanilla came out I tried to launch it when it said ready to start and it messed up the installation.

Yah... any DL makes me nervous when I start playing before it's fully installed. Game hiccups, doesn't run well, etc.

/not sure I'm going to be patient enough to wait until I get to 100% tho

Shito

Pausing and resuming might give you a false positive. It's factoring in the time that's it's authenticating the incomplete download into your overall download time estimate.
Nah, it actually shows on the downloaded number that it really goes faster.
I can attest using this several times already on several occasions.
You DO NOT want to do that if you're speed is okay-ish, though, as you could end up being worse than before. :D

noomi

My wired connections stands no change against PSN lol

150down/100up makes no difference.

Protip: Put your PS4 into Rest Mode and it will download faster.

No, I'm not joking.

Exactly what I did, will check in about an hour and see how far it got.

Agent

I'm at work and my PS4 is at home in rest mode. Hope it starts to download before I get home. Even if it doesn't I have 150 down internet so it shouldn't take long unless PSN is in its usual potato status.

Yeah, I won't be playing tonight :(

Best I can get is 8 hours, pause and resume pushes it up to 12, try again 9, I had 8 just a minute ago :'(

Top Bottom