• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Anastasis

Thought I had a solution with tethering my lighting fast LTE, but it shows a longer time than my much slower wired connection. Oh well, 4-5 hours it is.

GreyWind

Ah yeah! I would much prefer it if we could see more info on the Queue section such as speed, estimated time etc instead of just the %

Hopefully the new dashboard will change that. I don't like going to settings because it takes so long to load settings and then network :/

Hale_C

Google DNS applied, all applications closed, and paused then un-paused download until the timer showed 60 minutes. This "ritual" usually gets downloads moving with more gusto.

Oh my god, never heard of that Google DNS trick... just went from 2-3 mbps to a more respectable 10-ish... Glorious, breakneck speed! Thanks!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The boot-up screen for XB1 is hot. Anyone who wants it for a wallpaper here you go.

OmA0n6.png

Incomplete Year 1 Bounties are auto-abandoned on 09/08 in preparation for The Taken King launch

So all those bounties I have stacked up are gone now?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Necrochasm
Base Stability increased to 60
Magazine Size increased
Cursebringer perk will now always trigger on a precision kill
Cursebringer perk explosion radius increased and deals more damage
Rangefinder perk has been replaced by Zen Moment
mmm
Hard Light
Base Stability increased to 80
Hard Light projectiles now have increased bounce count
Hard Light projectiles are now not affected by Damage Falloff
Hard Light projectile FX updated so it is easier to track the projectile ricochets
mmmm
Thunderlord
Arc detonation chance for Lightning Rounds kill increased to 50%
Magazine size increased to offset ammo stat changes
mmmmm
Vex Mythoclast
Projectile Speed increased to compensate for global Fusion Rifle changes
Stability increased to compensate for global Fusion Rifle changes
mmmmmmm
Universal Remote
Base Range increased by +20
mmmmmmmm
Plan C
Range increased to compensate for global Fusion Rifle changes
Stability increased to compensate for global Fusion Rifle changes
AHAHAHAH WHAT

th3dude

OMG I need to go home and play like NOW

Networking
Reduced latency of kill notifications in Crucible
Improved damage validation systems to reduce the effectiveness of players with extreme lag
Improved accuracy of network quality meters slightly

Patch Notes said:
Burn (Arc, Void, Solar) Skulls now only increases player damage by 2x (down from 3x). Combatant damage to player is unchanged at 3x.
I guess they really want us to collect that burn damage reduction armor...

ChanMan

Wondering if I should start a female or male exo hunter looking forward to jumping back in I only have the Vanilla Destiny version no DLC.

shermas

25% on xbone... about to meet a client for lunch. Game will be ready to go when I get back.

I kind of wish I hadn't 'edged' all my factions. Not sure how I'm going to avoid earning rep for the next 7 days... oh well.

lt519

That shotgun nerf holy shit...
Great patch notes though, only thing I disagreed with is reducing player damage of burns to 2x but keeping enemy burns at 3x

Definity

• Arc Bolt grenades (Thermal and Arc) damage reduced by 25% to 75 damage
  • Arc Bolt Range reduced by 11% to 8 meters

Still getting through these notes. A ton of them.

Top Bottom