• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

BokehKing

Banned
All these changes and I totally forgot I'm going to be playing all new maps today, I love new maps especially 9 new maps, I'm sure there will be a turd or 2 but I'm super excited

Trakan

No one opened TTK gear into multiple tabs and screenshot that stuff? Amateur hour I say :D

Just salty site is down:(

I did. Well, no screenshots.
New handcannon has "precision kill moves one bullet from reserve to magazine."

One AR has "chance to start health regen when health is low" and "more accurate/better handling when around multiple enemies."

Really shitty perks for exotics.

The armory was missing alot of exotics too.

GhaleonEB

Oh my god. Those patch notes. Destiny is officially a new game, good lord. There's so much I just can't.

Sad about: Shotgun nerf in PvE, though I get it.

Happy about: pretty much everything else.

Huge:

Strikes

•Players now are required to participate in the boss fights to be eligible for end-of-activity loot.
This is so great.

BondFancy

Did anyone get a screenshot of that new handcannon? I want to know what it is/does :(
ERXVC46.jpg

ERMint13

The patch speeds are terrible even when pausing and resuming. Come on Sony I want to play today not tomorrow....

Alot of the new guns look interesting. Nothing stands out as possibly OP. They are really cautious now with that....

Agent

Huge:

Strikes

•Players now are required to participate in the boss fights to be eligible for end-of-activity loot.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding this, but is this really that big of a difference? What would stop someone from chilling at the start, then just running to the end after a bit, take a few shots on the boss, and get the rewards? Unless there is a damage percentage, or some other way it is calculated I don't see how it is going to stop those who want to be trolls about it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hahahaha I knew you were about to reply, love. No but really I'm interested in how the weapon is right now, haven't tried it out after my last outburst. I mean, special ammo is not as easy to find as it used to be, there is also those fusion rifle nerfs and I haven't seen any compensations for the PI as with the Plan C.
Yeah, we'll see. Pocket Infinity is technically one of the types that were nerfed (I think people are missing that quick-charge short range fusions were BUFFED) but it's so unlike any other that it's really tough to tell. It's still been ridiculous in the recent months even though nobody uses it. You have to play to the special ammo boxes the full match but it could beat TLW up close and Thorn inside midrange, one of the few non-ridiculous-max-range-shotguns in the game that ever could.

ocean

Banned
Summary of the notes:

Year 1 perks were OP as fuck, gotta dial it down.

I'm happy everything is nerfed. Average time to kill when we started playing was about one second or a little more. Within the last year we've perfected our arsenals with the absolute optimal perk combination on every weapon class and ended up with 0.5s kills, which is bullshit and sucks and I won't miss it. Slower kills all around will make this a better game, and will make skill a more important factor than twitchy peek a boo.

As for Shotguns and outgoing elemental damage with the nerfs... can't blame them. The 100% buff to PvE shotgun damage trivialized PvE. You could run an entire strike with a shotgun out and wreck any Major up close in a second with no risk. Yellow bars used to mean something. You had to plan around them. Now it's like Found Verdict lol bye. They were more effective than Heavy Weapons, you can't seriously think they were in a balanced state.

I'm liking almost everything. Just wish TLW had some measure of compensation for the Aggressive Ballistics nerf. Let's hope the Year 2 version has some change in perks or base stats to offset the aggressive nerf it got.

flkraven

Perhaps I am misunderstanding this, but is this really that big of a difference? What would stop someone from chilling at the start, then just running to the end after a bit, take a few shots on the boss, and get the rewards? Unless there is a damage percentage, or some other way it is calculated I don't see how it is going to stop those who want to be trolls about it.

The reason people AFK is so they can just sit there and do fuck all and get rewards. If they have to be coherent enough to run in halfway through to get some shots off, they may aswell just play. It's a small step, but it helps a bunch.

neoism

That Shotgun nerf is brutal but probably for the better even if I used them regularly.

Arc Bolt grenade nerf though? Why? :-( it never felt OP and is the only worthy grenade for the Bladedancer imo, this is bullshit :-/
RIP Lucky Raspberry.

what about the fucking titan grenade..Lightning Grenade most OP one in the game.. :/

R0ckman

shotguns and handcannons got nerfed hardddddd. 45% less damage against AI with shotguns, no more cheesing Majors or Ultras enemies with shotguns :(

What? Why? I thought it was a bit fair risk wise. Dammit, are majors losing HP to compensate?

Most people who AFK stay at the beginning of the strike. This change means they have to be in the boss arena, which means they're more likely to play and less likely to queue up the Strike playlist with rubberbands.

Nothing is stopping them from taking pot shots and hiding, but then nothing ever will. You can't calculate how efficient a player is because it overlaps with skill levels.

FinKL

Reforging is kind of back it seems.

The new Yr2 Exotic Celestial Nighthawk has -REFORGE ARMOR
Changes the stats and upgrades available on this Armor

neoism

fucking godamn it... -__- an hour in rest mode and only 1.8 mbs download...

3 hours left

-_____________________________________________________________-

FUCK REST MODE

shamanick

I'm happy everything is nerfed. Average time to kill when we started playing was about one second or a little more. Within the last year we've perfected our arsenals with the absolute optimal perk combination on every weapon class and ended up with 0.5s kills, which is bullshit and sucks and I won't miss it. Slower kills all around will make this a better game, and will make skill a more important factor than twitchy peek a boo.

I think it's possible that snipers will become much more common, as they will retain the quickest TTK of all weapons.

Deku Tree

Networking

Reduced latency of kill notifications in Crucible
Improved damage validation systems to reduce the effectiveness of players with extreme lag
Improved accuracy of network quality meters slightly

Hope this is really noticeable.

Top Bottom