• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Networking

Reduced latency of kill notifications in Crucible
Improved damage validation systems to reduce the effectiveness of players with extreme lag
Improved accuracy of network quality meters slightly

Hope this is really noticeable.

These are the ones I'm keeping my eye on.

Lee

Rumble
Placing in the top 3 in Rumble playlists now counts as a win for Quest Step purposes

So glad I put off working on this. Sorry for all of you who did it already.

E92 M3

Summary of the notes:

Year 1 perks were OP as fuck, gotta dial it down.

I'm happy everything is nerfed. Average time to kill when we started playing was about one second or a little more. Within the last year we've perfected our arsenals with the absolute optimal perk combination on every weapon class and ended up with 0.5s kills, which is bullshit and sucks and I won't miss it. Slower kills all around will make this a better game, and will make skill a more important factor than twitchy peek a boo.

As for Shotguns and outgoing elemental damage with the nerfs... can't blame them. The 100% buff to PvE shotgun damage trivialized PvE. You could run an entire strike with a shotgun out and wreck any Major up close in a second with no risk. Yellow bars used to mean something. You had to plan around them. Now it's like Found Verdict lol bye. They were more effective than Heavy Weapons, you can't seriously think they were in a balanced state.

I'm liking almost everything. Just wish TLW had some measure of compensation for the Aggressive Ballistics nerf. Let's hope the Year 2 version has some change in perks or base stats to offset the aggressive nerf it got.

God forbid we have fun against PVE enemies :p

Tecnniqe

Banned
Networking

Improved damage validation systems to reduce the effectiveness of players with extreme lag

Hope this is really noticeable.

lies.gif

Haven't you heard? Fun is just a buzzword...

Still need an OT title. Should go up in 60-90 minutes. Have to make some revisions.

Am going to keep the Taken King related stuff out for now and roll them out throughout the week.

Raybunny

Networking

Claps claps. Time to cry in a corner cause I got 56 hours left.

RIFT I want you!

I'm anxious to get home and see the new stuff. I'm pretty anxious to try the new Crucible stuff. Were the Legendary Marks and Level Update supposed to be in this update, or were those not coming until the 15th?

Defuser

The only reason i could think of for bungie to nerf arcbolt grenades was due to trials. That thing could take out 3 enemies easily at the same time if you know what you are doing.

Lothars

As for Shotguns and outgoing elemental damage with the nerfs... can't blame them. The 100% buff to PvE shotgun damage trivialized PvE. You could run an entire strike with a shotgun out and wreck any Major up close in a second with no risk. Yellow bars used to mean something. You had to plan around them. Now it's like Found Verdict lol bye. They were more effective than Heavy Weapons, you can't seriously think they were in a balanced state.
They made them useless again that's the issue, I bet in 6 months they will buff them again.

I think it's a negative when they are doing it for PVE to such a degree and not in a postive way.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Left my PS4 in rest mode, but I can feel that he's gonna wait for me to get home to start updating.
Please buddy don't do this to me.

stb

It doesn't appear that there's a way to check download status on PS4 remotely?

- without Vita
- for downloads you don't initiate remotely

i.e. I want to check to see if my PS4 is downloading the patch on its own...

flkraven

So....

•Year 1 Platform-exclusive maps (The Timekeeper, Exodus Blue) are now available to all Destiny players

No mention of the PvE stuff? Anyone know if us XB1 guys have the exclusive strikes?

Oh my god. Those patch notes. Destiny is officially a new game, good lord. There's so much I just can't.

Sad about: Shotgun nerf in PvE, though I get it.

Happy about: pretty much everything else.

This is so great.

That's what I said while reading the notes. A new game.

What to use? My Monte Carlo is gonna rip now. awesome.

ocean

Banned
I'm all for fun, but I'm not sure how making yellow bars trivial makes the game fun :p

Like seriously, Found Verdict was more effective in PvE than any machine gun and any RL except maybe Gjallarhorn. Think of VIP kills in PoE: camp the entrance with shotguns out and they died before they took 3 steps out.

They went waaaay overboard with the buff. When a weapon class is just infinitely more effective than everything else by such a large margin you know somethings up

Top Bottom