• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Wow 6%. I hate this fucking net so much.

Has anyone checked out the shaders on exotics now? Would love to see how the Saint-14 looks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
9OH15bs.jpg
Damn that thing is right up my alley.

Though
Please guys, spoilers tags on the new exotics, please.
Pretty please :/

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So basically I have no options now if something with more health than a dreg (or god forbid a shield) unexpectedly gets in my face in PVE. Thanks, Bungie.

Shotguns are back to not feeling like shotguns.

GhaleonEB

Still need an OT title. Should go up in 60-90 minutes. Have to make some revisions.

Am going to keep the Taken King related stuff out for now and roll them out throughout the week.

I suggest keeping the OT whole, and just making it clear that 2.0 is up now. No need to create more work. I can just update the title as needed.

Title suggestion because I like simple things:

The Taken King | OT | Destiny 2.0

You start the download then throw it in rest mode lol

PSN has a "feature" that lets you automatically download updates for games if you leave the console in rest mode.

Either way, it doesn't matter, because it's broken the other way too.

I just turned on my PS4 again, only to find that I haven't downloaded fucking anything for the past hour...

Rest mode is a broken ass feature.

pixxxelz

So do we know what exotic weapons/armor made it to year two yet?

Also I really hope my ps4 downloads the patch, rest mode doesn't always work.

ViciousDS

Banned
PSN has a "feature" that lets you automatically download updates for games if you leave the console in rest mode.

Either way, it doesn't matter, because it's broken the other way too.

I just turned on my PS4 again, only to find that I haven't downloaded fucking anything for the past hour...

Rest mode is a broken ass feature.

When I downloaded MGSV it worked fine, watched the traffic in my router was pulling max and beautifully. Come this patch rest mode just Borks it and says hell no.

I suggest keeping the OT whole, and just making it clear that 2.0 is up now. No need to create more work. I can just update the title as needed.

Title suggestion because I like simple things:

The Taken King | OT | Destiny 2.0

Simple it is. Will still need to roll things out however otherwise I'll need to delay it due to revisions.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
New Ghosts are on sale with the Speaker

Not even joking, this is the thing I am most excited about checking out after work.

TyrantII

Wondering why they completely undid the original buff, seems like they would have wanted to meet half way or something. Would love to hear what they have to say about that.

Thing to remember is everything got rebalanced, because enemies did with the new armor and damage system. I doubt this is the end of needing to fiddle, only a new beginning

ocean

Banned
They made them useless again that's the issue, I bet in 6 months they will buff them again.

I think it's a negative when they are doing it for PVE to such a degree and not in a postive way.
Time to kill a major with a Fusion Rifle and the newly nerfed shotguns should be similar now, and like it was at launch. All a Major means now is more orbs, but shotguns were way too damn strong.

Like, they completely negated the use of Fusion Rifles, Machine Guns and Rocket Launchers (outside of horn for bosses or huge mobs).

I respect differences of opinion, but this was overdue. Majors will once again mean something.

Mindlog

Year Two Weapon Telemetries have now been combined per weapon slot instead of per weapon type
Yay. Lots of great changes can't wait too...
500 MB downloaded. 47 hours left...
At least buy me dinner first.

Daemul

*Reads over patch notes*

*See's no changes to Bladedancers Quickdraw perk*

I don't care about anything else, I'm happy, and lol @ that nonexistent Blink nerf.

E92 M3

I'm all for fun, but I'm not sure how making yellow bars trivial makes the game fun :p

Like seriously, Found Verdict was more effective in PvE than any machine gun and any RL except maybe Gjallarhorn. Think of VIP kills in PoE: camp the entrance with shotguns out and they died before they took 3 steps out.

They went waaaay overboard with the buff. When a weapon class is just infinitely more effective than everything else by such a large margin you know somethings up

Sure, but a 45% nerf is just as drastic. It was fun destroying yellow bar enemies and felt amazing. I don't gain any joy by fighting bullet sponges.

Keeping that in mind, I think enemies going forward won't be such bullet sponges.

Trace

Banned
Anyway I'm going to go hide for a few hours until my download finishes so I can go in at least a little blind.

See you all in a few.

Tovarisc

Oh wow, what an oversight by Bungie :D Emblem kiosk tells you to purchase faction emblems from said factions when they are now package drops.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Of course. Don't try to sell this as good or needed. It wasn't necessary. Not even close.
It's actually great. Now I don't feel like I'm the terminator with the shotgun in hand. You could run up on bosses with shotguns and destroy them. They were broken and needed fixing. I don't need to sell anything for this necessary change.

Top Bottom