• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Probably gonna get buried, but for those still waiting to download, here's my sendoff to Year one. By request of the almighty Ocean, I've remixed my original video from last year with new clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH9PcHdC8To

It's been a pleasure playing with DestinyGAF. We've shared moments of excitement, raged at disappointments, and lost our minds over drama, and here we are on the other side ready to do it all over again.

And I don't think I'd have had it any other way.

Looking forward to playing with everyone again! Ya'll better buy that goddamn hammertime dance because the next montage is a community effort.

hFdQegN.gif

Amazing patch overall. Love the surprises.

Arc bolt nades and fire bolt nades can freeze and burn in hell! Love love love it.

I've been practicing gunslinger all weekend in trials. Too bad they didn't buff them slightly for PvP at least. Extra trip mine? Yes!

Hopefully the network fixes will be reasonable. And yes at all the maps being back!

Question, does top 3 in rumble = win for Grimoire purposes? Says quest purposes...

Updating Year 2 Armor:

Titan

Alpha
Arma
Feedback
Backup
Ruin Wings
Skullfort
Eternal
Inmost
Saint 14
Glasshouse
Stand Asides
Peregrine

Hunter
Alpha
Rasp
Dont Touch
Khepri
Grasps
Spine
Symboyite
Arachnid
Nighthawk
Radar
THird MAn
BONES!!!!!
Dance Machines

Warlock
Praxic
Purifier
Starfire
Voidfang
Claws
NOTHING!!!!!
Sunbreakers
Veil
Nemesis
Obsidian
Skull
RAM!!!!

stb

Reserving judgement on the shotty nerf, but my gut reaction is that it's a good change.

The theme of the weapon tweaks was to make ALL weapon types have a place in the PVP and PVE content. They increased PVE damage on most types, and dialed back shotguns a bit. Makes sense to me.

We'll have to see what it means in practice, but since they were really overkilling before, I bet they do just fine now. And like Hawkian said, but bet 4th H is still a steamroller.

TyrantII

The wolf pack bounties from expansion 2 are gone, and those events will no longer happen.

Public events were never tied to just the DLC. All could participate, and they're removed when new content is incoming.

Orxy will probably be sending scouts to Earth, look for Petra and Eris to issue bounties on them next week.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nTl-HRQNA_w&feature=youtu.be

I'll let it go since there's no point in arguing this any further, but just to be clear:

You're suggesting a shotgun - for which ammo is readily available throughout an entire mission or Strike - should be able to down a level 30 Major like it was a Dreg on Patrol?

Thunderlord can't do this (or any Machine Gun). Fusion Rifles can't either. Neither can Snipers (majors can tank a few headshots). Outside Ghorn, no RL can either.

Like maybe I'm insane or missing a detail or something but are you all suggesting Shotguns should have stayed this insanely superior to literally everything else in the game?

It's a shotgun.

It's a close range weapon. If they can't dispatch something quickly, it's useless. The point is, as soon as that level 30 Major is more than 5 feet away, that's not possible anymore.

Maybe it was too high. But not 45% too high.

I'll need to actually try them out first, but it seems like basically Bungie is saying "don't get close, and if you do, better hope you're in a fireteam cause you're on your own - GOOD LUCK!"

ocean

Banned
Can't wait to be wiped by a Captain in Skolas round with Angry modifier over and over because you can stun/longer down them in time.

20 minutes....
You won't be a level under so it'll practically even out. You'll regain the 33% damage you lost as a level 34 in a 35 activity and that'll make up for most of that 45% nerf.

GhaleonEB

The wolf pack bounties from expansion 2 are gone, and those events will no longer happen.

The events were open to all, not behind the DLC paid gate. But yeah, Petra's bounties were retired as well, I forgot.

Still, bounties are not what I would consider losing content, especially such that you would question why you bought the DLC in the first place. But I can understand being disappointed about it (I'll miss them,)

Fuck I just realized 4th Horseman isn't a weapon that's going to be upgradeable through TTK.

Fuck this shit. I don't even have it yet and it was my most wanted exotic. And with the Shotty nerf it's even worse. Fuck off Bungie.

willow ve

I think most people would prefer an "overpowered broken" gun over a "useless broken" gun.

And why should Bungie really give a shit if people can steam roll strikes with great gear? They aren't endgame activities with incredible rewards or anything.

I'll never understand the dev mindset that produces quotes like "users aren't playing the game the way we intended it to be played"

kassatsu

Banned
Spoiler for a perk on one of the Titan exotic helms:

Primary Perks

Air Traffic Control

All Rocket Launchers gain tracking, radar remains visible while zooming with Heavy Weapons, and Heavy Ammo drops increase when using a Rocket Launcher.

This should be fun.

Want.

FinKL

Updating Year 2 Armor:

Titan

Alpha
Arma
Feedback
Backup
Ruin Wings
Skullfort
Eternal
Inmost
Saint 14
Glasshouse
Stand Asides
Peregrine

Hunter
Alpha
Rasp
Dont Touch
Khepri
Grasps
Spine
Symboyite
Arachnid
Nighthawk
Radar
THird MAn
BONES!!!!!
Dance Machines

Warlock
Praxic
Purifier
Starfire
Voidfang
Claws
NOTHING!!!!!
Sunbreakers
Veil
Nemesis
Obsidian
Skull
RAM!!!!

Is that almost EVERY exotic armor?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Fate of All Jade Rabbit will be my new gun
once it eventually drops a year later
tx5AY4p.png

Also Fate of All Fools got this description
SOURCES
Unknown
This item can drop in situationally dependent ways.

Lothars

Lol we gonna get playground levels of shaming here huh? Lol I'm "pretending". Continue on with your complaining this is a good change.
This is a terrible change and I look forward to them rebuffing them in 6 months when shotguns are barely used. If I am wrong I will admit it but this isn't a good thing and is terrible.

Kwakye94

Neo Member
31 Hours Left... Looks like year 2 is going to have to wait until tomorrow for me :'(, Well at least I can play some more Until Dawn

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone on Xbox One having slow ass speeds? I was going at 5-7mb now its dropped to 500k and I can't get it above after reboots. :(

Nori Chan

Welp exotics just got even more rarer.

They now have random perks like a chest armor would either have void, arc, or solar damage reduction

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fuck I just realized 4th Horseman isn't a weapon that's going to be upgradeable through TTK.

Fuck this shit. I don't even have it yet and it was my most wanted exotic. And with the Shotty nerf it's even worse. Fuck off Bungie.
well that didn't take long

border

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nTl-HRQNA_w&feature=youtu.be

I'll let it go since there's no point in arguing this any further, but just to be clear:

You're suggesting a shotgun - for which ammo is readily available throughout an entire mission or Strike - should be able to down a level 30 Major like it was a Dreg on Patrol?
It's stacking the deck to post videos of the Arc Exotic 4th Horseman against arc-shielded enemies in solo missions. Those results are not really typical with your average Legendary shotgun.

Who cares if somebody has an easier time in a solo mission? The only alternative to that is making the entire weapon class useless (or limited to PVP)?

Lnkn52

Probably gonna get buried, but for those still waiting to download, here's my sendoff to Year one. By request of the almighty Ocean, I've remixed my original video from last year with new clips.

It's been a pleasure playing with DestinyGAF. We've shared moments of excitement, raged at disappointments, and lost our minds over drama, and here we are on the other side ready to do it all over again.

Looking forward to playing with everyone again! Ya'll better buy that goddamn hammertime dance because the next montage is a community effort.

hFdQegN.gif

Damn, now that's a montage.

Daemul

Wait damage for Hunter Arc grenade as been reduced but they did nothing to the any of the OP Warlock grenades? Maybe I am missing it in the notes?

They nerfed both of them, the problem is like the mini-Blink nerf they only put it under the Bladedancer tree.

Arc Bolt grenades (Thermal and Arc) damage reduced by 25% to 75 damage

Thermal is Firebolt.

Sky Walker

Bungie's Logic : Nobody uses shotguns in pve ? ok, we buff them for you.

Wait, what? Most of pve players use them now ? Nerf them by 45%.

:/

well that didn't take long

The shotgun nerf was the reason I first quit Destiny way back when, when Universal Remote was my only Exotic.

Seriously, Bungie needs to fuck off with their Big Brother 'DON'T USE SHOTGUNS' shit. Like....they just constantly shit on shotguns. Instead of fixing the extreme cases(Felwinter, those stupid shotty perks they introduced), they instead just do a blanket nerf.

I'm salty as fuck Hawk.

hFdQegN.gif

Zoba, amazing video! Those transitions were super smooth

Top Bottom