• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Seriously. Everything is a huge reduction. Just...why? They really want us to scrap all our old stuff to get that newly dangled carrot, I guess.

I'm seeing a lot of good and a lot of grind added in TTK. I'm 70/30 right now. I'm in the minority I know, but man...I either need to be 13 again or have 24 added to each day it feels like!

Still...can't wait to get home and futz around with the weapons tonight.

I don't really care, and shotguns did need a blanket nerf because getting max range ones was trivial as of HoW, and getting near-max ones was trivial for always, but I think you're operating on faulty information anyway.

pWmcxnd.png

eh?

They better.

Dave_6

Glad I went home at lunch. I had my PS4 in rest mode and it didn't start the update till I booted the console back up.

willow ve

Anyone else just have the Xbox One stop downloading the update?

I really hope this is some Xbox / Azure bullshit and not something on my end.

Dowload install keeps switching from "ready to start" X% downloaded to "queued" - it automatically switches back and forth.

Each time it restarts it gets a burst of data for around 30 seconds, then drops off to nothing again.

stb

Haha, I love how even in the detailed, final, patch notes, they still don't give an exact value for the Horn nerf. :D

TECHNICALLY speaking, 33.3333333333333333 is "roughly 1/3". Fractions, lol.

Would it matter to you if it was 34%? or 33.678432732718%?

Wow so burns are now only 2x damage given by players but enemies still do 3x damage.

The decrease in bounty rep and XP is lame as fuck.

Exotics that roll....

Ruined Year 1 perks...

A lot of really shitty things here along with the great stuff.

I CAN BREATHE MY VAULLTTT AHHHHHH

Daemul

How can anyone call that a "Blink Nerf"?

0.07 seconds? Really?

Like I expected would happen the brunt of the blink nerf comes from the nerfing of the Shotguns, Bungie chose to nerf the Blink-Shotgun playstyle instead of doing much to blink itself.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone else just have the Xbox One stop downloading the update?

I really hope this is some Xbox / Azure bullshit and not something on my end.

Dowload install keeps switching from "ready to start" X% downloaded to "queued" - it automatically switches back and forth.

Each time it restarts it gets a burst of data for around 30 seconds, then drops off to nothing again.

Happening to me dude so not your net just Xbox. Looks like I'll have to bail tonight and just play something else while it goes at a snails pace.

Afrocious

>has PS4 in rest mode after playing Destiny this morning.

>decides to go to the gym hoping that the update downloads and installs while gone.

>returns from gym and lunch and starts PS4.

>update begins downloading 18gb

Ld8z0SN.gif

PuMa

I'm seeing a lot of good and a lot of grind added in TTK. I'm 70/30 right now. I'm in the minority I know, but man...I either need to be 13 again or have 24 added to each day it feels like!

Still...can't wait to get home and futz around with the weapons tonight.

I need a clone.

Burn (Arc, Void, Solar) Skulls now only increases player damage by 2x (down from 3x). Combatant damage to player is unchanged at 3x

God dammit! Booooo

Shito

Burn (Arc, Void, Solar) Skulls now only increases player damage by 2x (down from 3x). Combatant damage to player is unchanged at 3x.
Lots of good things in there, but this is some real bullshit. :(

TECHNICALLY speaking, 33.3333333333333333 is "roughly 1/3". Fractions, lol.

Would it matter to you if it was 34%? or 33.678432732718%?
Nah, "roughly 1/3" is just a way to not say the real value. ^^
"Roughly 1/3" is not just 1/3.
If they wanted to give an exact value they would have said 33%, or 1/3, or a third.
This is not a math problem there, but a language one. :)

darthbob

>has PS4 in rest mode after playing Destiny this morning.

>decides to go to the gym hoping that the update downloads and installs while gone.

>returns from gym and lunch and starts PS4.

>update begins downloading 18gb

Ld8z0SN.gif

Are you me? This has happened for every single Destiny update, it never downloads in the background when in rest mode, ever. :(

DjRalford

Two PS4's
Same network

One has 900MB to go, 5 minutes left ( started 10minutes after other console)

Other has 40hours and is barely over 2GB

I really dont get it

lt519

Anyone else having trouble seeing their charters on Bungie? I'm logged in but it says I have no characters on this platform

Anastasis

Probably gonna get buried, but for those still waiting to download, here's my sendoff to Year one. By request of the almighty Ocean, I've remixed my original video from last year with new clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH9PcHdC8To

It's been a pleasure playing with DestinyGAF. We've shared moments of excitement, raged at disappointments, and lost our minds over drama, and here we are on the other side ready to do it all over again.

And I don't think I'd have had it any other way.

Looking forward to playing with everyone again! Ya'll better buy that goddamn hammertime dance because the next montage is a community effort.

hFdQegN.gif

Awesome video - You've seen a million faces, and you rocked them all! (I love that lyric!)

border

So 5k bounties are now 3k

And donations give 50 rep each.

The Nerfen King confirmed.

Even bounties get nerfed! You'd think they would at least have the good sense to just bump up the XP requirements for every level instead of flagrantly reducing rewards.

Kyne

Oh my fucking god the new titan exotic armor.

boots that grant superspeed
Chest that let's you evade in mid air via button a la Hunter roll

I can't

GhaleonEB

Lots of good things in there, but this is some real bullshit there. :(

This is one of those things that looks bad in isolation but is probably fine in context.

-Nightfalls no longer boot to orbit on wipe.
-Armor with burn resistances are part of TTK. Guessing they reduce the burn to 2x, to match our damage output.

Top Bottom