• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Afrocious

zoba, i'd check out your vid if it wasn't for my 18gb download that couldn't start without me

mfw

Hpwapye.gif

Dalek

>has PS4 in rest mode after playing Destiny this morning.

>decides to go to the gym hoping that the update downloads and installs while gone.

>returns from gym and lunch and starts PS4.

>update begins downloading 18gb

Ld8z0SN.gif

Story of my life. I don't get how this works.

Shito

This is one of those things that looks bad in isolation but is probably fine in context.

-Nightfalls no longer boot to orbit on wipe.
-Armor with burn resistances are part of TTK. Guessing they reduce the burn to 2x, to match our damage output.
Oh, yeah, you're right about the second part: this is to promote that new perk.
STILL.
Burns will be a bit less fun now, and it will also make the transition a bit harder for those old elemental primaries; I was expecting them to still be kicking ass during burns, but now less so...
Oh well, we'll adapt. :)

willow ve

Anyone's download on XB1 stuck? The installation won't restart at 36%

Yeah, we're all stuck. Looks like someone at Microsoft didn't realize there were a shit ton of people who would want the 17 GB patch at the SAME TIME.

My traffic monitor bandwidth graph is just filled with peaks and valleys. It feels like download over the original Napster all over again.

stb

This is one of those things that looks bad in isolation but is probably fine in context.

-Armor with burn resistances are part of TTK. Guessing they reduce the burn to 2x, to match our damage output.

Yeah, people need to stop freaking out about bullet points in isolation and look at the changes to the whole.

Or maybe just try playing it before spazzing.

Fuck I just realized 4th Horseman isn't a weapon that's going to be upgradeable through TTK.

Fuck this shit. I don't even have it yet and it was my most wanted exotic. And with the Shotty nerf it's even worse. Fuck off Bungie.

It is, its even showing in the armory on Bungie.net as having a 2.0 version.

flkraven

Agreed. Ultimately (with the right gear), it will basically be 2x for both sides. Increased damage, but not as quick/easy the first year nightfalls. I'm sure Bungie wasn't very happy seeing valus ta'aurc killed in 3 seconds with Gallys

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've only spoiled a few for myself as of now but so far I gotta say I am really pleased with the quality and number of new exotics that seem to be available.

I am particularly hyped that we can acquire
Exotic Swords of each element type
Lots of good things in there, but this is some real bullshit. :(
We'll see, but this must be a direct address to the addition of damage-reducing armor and the elimination of the Nightfall orbit penalty.

Finally faction exotic class items! Shame to see that Fate of all Fools is now the Jade Rabbit. :/ Though it is obvious that they are hiding stuff still so the full datamine later today will be awesome.

Yeah, seems like a LOT of people missed the memo about burn armor

suros weapon pack is already at the postmaster!

Yes! I get tp play with new stuff, whats the light on them?

So 5k bounties are now 3k

And donations give 50 rep each.

cant level up too fast now can you. are the rep level requirements still the same? 2500 rep per level?

This is my favorite:

"Speed Reload: Reduced reload bonus by 80%"

LOL

I didnt really use it much anyway. might as well just remove the perk intirely if you were going to do that. was it even OP, nope, not at all.

Shito

Their on gigabit Ethernet from the same router with a 150MB connection.

The quick one is certainly not downloading using all my bandwidth otherwise it would have been done in 20 minutes
Ok, that's strange then!
Let's default to the classic answer, then: "lol PSN".

Yeah, seems like a LOT of people missed the memo about burn armor
Doesn't offset the damage nerf that is still happening, new burn armor or not. ^^
It just makes them a little bit less attractive than they appeared: they will "only" let you even out the field with the AI... :/

jacobs34

Got a legendary out of a blue engram after doing my first quest post patch.

Never got a legendary out of a blue engram in my entire time in year one.

Year 2>1 confirmed.

bitsurugi

Wondering why they completely undid the original buff, seems like they would have wanted to meet half way or something. Would love to hear what they have to say about that.

Shotguns

Damage done against AI combatants reduced by 45% ( 2.25-> 1.15)

Well, the buff was 100%. But it was 100% more on the OLD base. The nerf is 45% but it is based on the new (now old) base.

So it's not like 100-45=55%; but it's like... back to the shotgun dmg before the buff, more or less.

The number they showed 2.25->1.15 seems to confirm this, if 1 was the old base.

So yeah... this sux.

The buff before and the nerf now are too big. They should nerf or buff in a more steady manner in the future. Huge changes are not good imo.

Top Bottom