• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Details on next GTA game

The next GTA game will be a launch title for Nintendo's next console.

It wont actually be called GTA, but it'll use a modified GTA engine and be set around the Mario universe. You drive around on karts or on foot and will have to visit Toadsworth for missions. Instead of guns you'll have fireballs and other weapons. You'll have the entire map from Super Mario World (in 3D) to play with.

The game's being co-developed by Rockstar and EAD.

Mario is teh gangsta bro in da hood cruisin around in his pimpKART.

mario.jpg

AniHawk

Industry insider said:

It wont actually be called GTA, but it'll use a modified GTA engine and be set around the Mario universe. You drive around on karts or on foot and will have to visit Toadsworth for missions. Instead of guns you'll have fireballs and other weapons. You'll have the entire map from Super Mario World (in 3D) to play with.

link plzthxbye.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Industry insider said:

I bet you are.. 13.. 15 tops/.

Socreges

Banned
Industry insider said:

what.jpg

Flynn

N-Sider was so on top of this.

Miyamoto: I think it has a lot of fun factors, but at the same time I am aware of the social and moral factors. In Japan, there is a mood that none of us would like to sell it. It would be a success for sure if we did, but the industry wouldn't like to sell it.

Nintendo agrees that it's an excellent game but we doubt if it's really suitable for children to play. We have to consider the influence that games have on our society. That is more important than making it a success and making lots of money. So as much as we personally appreciate the fun of GTA, I would feel uneasy making a success with it.

Tortfeasor

There was a guy named "industry insider" who posted similar crap over at fatbabies.com back in the day. It got annoying there too... :)

Tortfeasor said:
There was a guy named "industry insider" who posted similar crap over at fatbabies.com back in the day. It got annoying there too... :)

There was also a guy named "scee" at the old GAF, a PS2 fanboy with "insider sources" ;).

Speevy

Banned
Flynn said:
N-Sider was so on top of this.

Wait...Miyamoto has actually played the GTA games?

"It's okay kids. I'll never let Nintendo release a game like this."

*happily bashes and old woman to death with a baseball bat*

"No, I'm keeping this all to myself."

Top Bottom