• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diabolical Pitch XBLA |OT| Kinect, Grasshopper, Suda 51, Baseball, Monsters

Gowans

boxartlg.jpg

banner.png

An unusual, unique and wacky pitching action game is coming to Kinect and the name of the game is Diabolical Pitch. A former pitcher now outfitted with an incredibly powerful bionic arm finds himself in a run-down, dark, and twisted amusement park. The night gets strange and intense quickly as you must use your pitching skills to survive the game of your life. Charge up your diabolical pitch to wipe out all the enemies crowding towards you. Power-ups give your throwing arm insane abilities that will give you the edge against huge mobs of enemies or even the mostfearsome boss. Kinect turns your room into a playing field and your Diabolical Pitch is the main attraction.

RELEASE DATE: 04/04/2012
PRICE: 800 MSPoints
DEVELOPER: Grasshopper Manufacture
PUBLISHER: Microsoft Game Studios
GENRE: Action & Adventure, Kinect
- Offline players 1 - 2

Screens:
screenlg5.jpg

screenlg7.jpg

screenlg9.jpg

screenlg13.jpg

Video:
Trailer

Marketplace Download Link

Gowans

Thought I'd mock up a basic OT as just played this and really liked it.

I'd put it a notch under Kinect Fruit Ninja but man it's weird, a struggling baseballer falls into a crazy Donnie Darko land.

The controls are pretty decent, lots out auto aim guessing your throws but does a decent job of it, it took me a while to work out I could aim more precisely with my left arm too.

Lot a lot of pinball elements too it too for the score that I wasn't expecting.

Got through the first world and a bit before needing to have a rest, my poor shoulder.

Also the demo is borked for now.

FHIZ

Waiting for the demo to go up before I purchase. I'm not going in on blind faith for a kinect game.

saichi

don't know how I missed this but Suda is making Kinect cool and let the Otakus living the Dragonball dream!

Alx

Thanks, demo added to my download queue...
Unfortunately I'll probably play this game alone, and part of its originality seemed to be in the co-op motions (dual attack, revive fallen comrade, ...).

zorbsie

This is going to sound weird, but is there any jumping controls in the game? Playing in the basement and there isn't enough clearance to jump and have the kinect register it. This looks like fun though.

Gowans

I haven't done any jumping yet but you do need to raise your arms for a couple of the specials at least.

Come to think of it I did are a jumping and ducking action card but I haven't used them.

Marco1

Thanks for the OT Gowans, just purchased this and hoping to have some fun.
Suda really does understand what kinect is about and what to do with it. Until the HW can run properly then keep the games on live arcade.

Meader

This is going to sound weird, but is there any jumping controls in the game? Playing in the basement and there isn't enough clearance to jump and have the kinect register it. This looks like fun though.

Yeah there are a few instances that I've encountered so far where an enemy throws a projectile that you have to either jump or crouch to avoid, depending on the prompt shown on screen.

Alx

Tried the demo, bought the game and finished the first world. It's really fun, and original. I like it a lot.

see5harp

Cool premise, really crappy game. Seriously after two levels I was feeling like an aging pitcher hoping that the coach would bring in the bullpen.

Shaneus

Love it. Love it love it love it. Not for being an amazing game but for just being camp and cool and fun and having decent production values. And for a game of this quality, it's cheap, too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Our lovely Bev Chen reviewed this. Read it here.

Top Bottom