• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did anyone preorder Halo 2 through ECOST.COM?

SKluck

Banned
This is pretty important, I just go to check my preorder, and it says CANCELLED BY CUSTOMER. First, what the FUCK IS THAT. I got it for 33.99, the limited edition mind you, and it came to like $40 after 2 day shipping.

Just a precaution, CHECK YOUR ORDER STATUS. I never cancelled my order and this says I did on 10/27, which is bullshit.

This is just a warning for some of you who jumped on that deal waaaay back in July.

SKluck

Banned
I was told their system auto cancels orders after so long. There is a post on CAG about this too, I didn't bitch and get free shipping or some shit, which I could have, but they just placed a new order for me with the same options.

I don't have a lot of faith in the CSRs at ecost, but at least they aren't indian. While I was on the phone the CSR goes "Oops, what did I just do"....uhhh.....

Anyways, they said a supervisor has to change the price, the order is coming up as $58 or some shit right now, if it isn't updated soon I'll be calling back and going right to a Manager.

Mrbob

Will it be a steal when it is January and you still don't have your Halo 2 LE shipped out to you yet? The price is great, and hopefully they do come through for you. But many times they don't.

Mrbob

I found this on the ecost webpage:

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/shop/detail.asp?dpno=450826

HALO 2 Limited Edition ( xBox ) - Scheduled Release Date from Microsoft - November 2004. ( PRE-ORDER ONLY - Limit 1 Per Customer )
2 Disk Set w/ Behind the Scenes, Making of, Making the Game, 6 Video Features, Visualizing the Story (Concept Art, Early Design, Script to Game, Storyboards) - Release Date of 11/04 NOT GUARANTEED.

Usually Ships : Product is Highly Constrained ( No Clear ETA )

I'm not trying to convince you to cancel your order. Just letting you know to be wary of their practices which many times are not good.

MattCoz

Just checked mine, says the same thing. My order was $37.94 after shipping. Oh well, screw it, I'll go get it somewhere else.

SKluck

Banned
They fixed it. Standard shipping though, so who knows. I can wait. It's not important to have it on launch day, WOW Open Beta is next week and I'm really busy anyway. They said it ships on the 9th, whatever that is worth.

I paid $100 for HL2, I need a break on Halo 2.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ramirez said:
LMAO,I can't believe you're gonna keep your order with them.Don't be such a cheapass ;)

Yeah dude, even this cheapass is getting the CE at full price. And I rarely buy games at full price

SKluck

Banned
Suck it doubters! They shipped it Monday and I got it about 10 minutes ago because they bumped me up to free next business day (without telling me, how nice).

$38 for the LE on the day it comes out? Yes please!

Top Bottom