• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Camcorder WTF Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rareside

Wondering if anyone knows much about digital camcorders here. A Japanese digital camcorder (Sony) came into my hands about 2 months ago, and I've been using it with ease. I know my fair share of the language, and operating camcorders isn't difficult to begin with.

Anyway, my problem just happened last night. I took it to a ballgame (got some good footage of my Texas Rangers!), but when I got home, I couldn't get it to turn on. When I flipped the switched to on, I got no light at all, and I know the battery is charged. Also, I am unable to get the tape out of the device because it should come out automatically when I open that part of the camcorder (I think it's supposed to come out even if there is no battery connected).

My only guess is that whatever internal battery inside is dead, or perhaps needs to be reset. I'll probably try to find some camcorder forum to post this on, but if any of you guys have had similar probs, any help is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom