• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dikta... no!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1838856

espn.com said:
Ditka, 65, told WGN on Monday that he's toying with the idea of taking Illinois Republican nominee Jack Ryan's place on the November ballot. Ryan took himself out of the running after a controversy erupted over a court-ordered release of the records from his divorce from actress Jeri Ryan. In the 1999 case, Ryan's then-wife claimed the former GOP favorite had taken her to a series of avante-garde sex clubs, an accusation that promptly derailed Ryan's bid for the Republican nomination.

"I'm getting excited about it," Ditka told the Chicago Tribune. "I'm just thinking about it."

Wow the bang up job he did with the Saints it is no wonder people would want him to help control the country

oh man thats so awesome..

ditka would probably win in illinois; so many people still love him.. he is like one of the biggest chicago icons of all time!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
If this becomes true, Illinois (or at least Chicago) will have a record-setting year for voter turnout.

However I have heard a lot of local praise for Obama, so it's not like Ditka would necessarily walk away with the seat. Especially since he'd be on the Republican ticket. We'll see.

Blackace

LuckyBrand said:
oh man thats so awesome..

ditka would probably win in illinois; so many people still love him.. he is like one of the biggest chicago icons of all time!

scary....

dog$

Hates quality gaming
^^ There's a good reason to bookmark this thread.

If he would win, C-SPAN would have a huge ratings increase in Illinois *laughs* I can only imagine what he'd do on the Senate floor.

Blackace

dog$ said:
^^ There's a good reason to bookmark this thread.

If he would win, C-SPAN would have a huge ratings increase in Illinois *laughs* I can only imagine what he'd do on the Senate floor.

Trade all of the US's future draft picks?

Ditka, 65, told WGN on Monday that he's toying with the idea of taking Illinois Republican nominee Jack Ryan's place on the November ballot. Ryan took himself out of the running after a controversy erupted over a court-ordered release of the records from his divorce from actress Jeri Ryan. In the 1999 case, Ryan's then-wife claimed the former GOP favorite had taken her to a series of avante-garde sex clubs, an accusation that promptly derailed Ryan's bid for the Republican nomination.

"I'm getting excited about it," Ditka told the Chicago Tribune. "I'm just thinking about it."

Am I the only one that read it like that? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom