• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DirectTV subscribers! Questions inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm thinking of subscribing to this http://www.rapidsatellite.com/programming.aspx

but it seems like there should be a catch. free receivers, installation, shipping and 4 months of premium programming just for subscribing to NFL sunday ticket? sounds pretty fishy to me. i'm going to try calling them later, but my question is has anyone taken advantage of this deal? how are the "standard" (free) receivers they offer? (located here: http://www.rapidsatellite.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=41)

also, does directTV charge you when you move to reinstall your stuff at your new residence?

golem

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm thinking of subscribing to this http://www.rapidsatellite.com/programming.aspx

but it seems like there should be a catch. free receivers, installation, shipping and 4 months of premium programming just for subscribing to NFL sunday ticket? sounds pretty fishy to me. i'm going to try calling them later, but my question is has anyone taken advantage of this deal? how are the "standard" (free) receivers they offer? (located here: http://www.rapidsatellite.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=41)

also, does directTV charge you when you move to reinstall your stuff at your new residence?

i no longer subscribe to DirecTV (VOOM baby!) but i'll try to step you through this "deal"

Subscribe to 2004 NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ (4 payments of $62.25),

Activate TOTAL CHOICE® PREMIER with Local Channels programming ($90.99/mo.) and

Commit to 12 consecutive months of any TOTAL CHOICE programming package ($36.99/mo. or above) or any DIRECTV PARA TODOS® programming package ($26.99/mo. or above)

What they seem to want you to do is to sign up for SUNDAY TICKET, as well as sign up for TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER w/ LOCALS (90/month), for which they will give you 4 free months of TCP as long as you commit to a package of TOTAL CHOICE (normal, 37/mo) for a year. So they want you to sign up initially as a TCP subscriber but afterwards, you can move down to one of the basic packages.

not sure if your first month signed up as TCP counts as those 4 months of free TCP...

if you have no interest in DirecTV beyond Sunday Ticket i would advice against this offer,otherwise it seems ok

the equipment is yours once you fulfill the contract or whtaever unlike cable, so moving it to another location is up to you.. to directv they just want a new billing address

Fifty

Weird, I only paid $180(CDN) for Sunday Ticket...Then again, I don't believe there is a monopoly on it as there is in the states. Both of our providers carry it.

golem

yeah sunday ticket is expensive down here... but its really popular so i guess people are willing to pay. personally im waiting for league pass ;)

golem

Yeah.. well, if Voom picks up Fox Sports West HD i'll stick with them (they just added FSW-Florida HD), but if not I'll probably re-sub to DirecTV for a bit so I can get NBA League Pass, since I have all the DirecTV equipment lying around already.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I got a similar deal when I signed up. I've been pleased so far, it beats the hell out of my awful local cable. I seriously can't imagine life without Sunday Ticket. If you can watch your NFL team on your local channels and your local cable is ok then it's not a hugely compelling need. But if not then it's an absolute necessity.

I think they only charged me $15 for installation when I moved as long as I left the other dish.

i guarantee there will be 2 49ers games on TV that i can watch this year: both on sunday night football. beyond that i doubt i'll ever see them w/o sunday ticket. but if a niners game doesn't sell out, doesn't the game get blacked out or something? what is the deal with "subject to blackout" clause for sunday ticket?

also, i talked to my neighbor and he by chance just signed up for this offer and had to pay $40 total for everything to be brought out and installed. i think i'll go for it, thanks fellas

Fifty

"A regular-season, Sunday afternoon home team game will be blacked out in a home team's territory if the game fails to sell out at least 72 hours before the game. Click here to to find out if your ZIP Code is inside the local broadcast area for any NFL team."

"Here" being a link on this page. Look for the topic headline "Blackout Guidelines"

http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/NFLSundayTicket/

I just got DirecTV installed and took advantage of that deal. I too thought there might be some angle I was missing. I was planning on Total Choice, Locals, HBO and Starz which would be more per month than this deal, so I went ahead and did it. All you have to do is remember to change your program line up by the time it runs out or you'll be billed for having everything. Other than that, go for it. Oh ya, before you do this, get a DirecTivo instead of a standard receiver. Trust me, it'll be worlds better. You can get good deals on them. I got my equipment from SolidSignal.com. It was $20 per DirecTivo unit which is great. I got two of them.

I don't think DirecTV charges you to move at all. I remember them advertising how easy it is for you to move. They say all you need to do is leave your dish and they'll bring you a new dish and install it at your new place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom