• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DirectX 9.0c is out!

neptunes

does your vid card have to be top of the line to use dx9?

cause I have a radeon 7200 and I'm wodering if I should really bother.

epmode

i accept the agreement, and it instantly says the program installed successfully, even though nothing happened. am i doing something wrong?

edit: maybe it's because i'm using a service pack 2 release candidate.

epmode said:
i accept the agreement, and it instantly says the program installed successfully, even though nothing happened. am i doing something wrong?

edit: maybe it's because i'm using a service pack 2 release candidate.

DirectX 9.0c has a silent instal (no UI, and no reboot) which is available to Microsoft Volume License Customers (VLC) on the following Microsoft Volume License Site (MVLS).

epmode

truesayian said:
DirectX 9.0c has a silent instal (no UI, and no reboot) which is available to Microsoft Volume License Customers (VLC) on the following Microsoft Volume License Site (MVLS).
well yeah, but dxdiag still lists it as 9.0b

Chony said:
What's new?

final.jpg

just going by the alter dates (all the others were like last year)

tenchir

Mrbob said:
BZZZ. You need DX9.0C for SM 3.0.

Hmmm, guess you right. I was wondering at first how people are running FarCry 1.2 with SM3.0 enabled if 9.0c wasn't released yet, then remember there was a beta 9.0c.

I have always waited for a little while on each DirectX since one of the early versions killed my computer. I believe it was 3, and it was not corrected until 5 shortly after. That's right, 5, not 4.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hurrah, the Summer 2004 SDK update is available too..I only downloaded the Summer 2003 update last week ;)

Ryu

That 1.2 patch was removed from ubisoft for some performance problems being mentioned -- anyone have any links to the patches on some sites? I'd like to download it and see if my performance improves at all.

Top Bottom