• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DirectX 9c won't download/install. What's the deal?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'm trying to play the NFSU2 demo and it requires Dx9. I download Dx9 and when I double click (dxwebsetup.exe) to install it, it won't go. I get past the agreement screen and when it comes to the download/install bar screen I wait and nothing happens. 10 seconds later a message appears:

"Setup could not download the file. Please retry later or check network connection."

=(

Edit: Anywhere else I could download Dx9 besides MS?

epmode

samething happened to me. i would get all the way through the installation, but it never showed up as 9c. tried for days. then i reinstalled windows (reformat) with sp2.

as for your problem, have you tried just installing sp2? 9c is included.

Che

Banned
epmode said:
that's exactly what i used. still didn't work. i was stuck with 9b.

I think I saw somewhere that although it's been updated it is still recognized like 9b (but it works like 9c).

epmode

Che said:
I think I saw somewhere that although it's been updated it is still recognized like 9b (but it works like 9c).
the sims 2 didn't agree.(

oh well, everything's fine now. bring on half-life 2.

MrparisSM

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
I'm trying to play the NFSU2 demo and it requires Dx9. I download Dx9 and when I double click (dxwebsetup.exe) to install it, it won't go. I get past the agreement screen and when it comes to the download/install bar screen I wait and nothing happens. 10 seconds later a message appears:

"Setup could not download the file. Please retry later or check network connection."

=(

Edit: Anywhere else I could download Dx9 besides MS?

Hey, let me know if thid Dx9c version lets NFSU 2 demo play. I can't get mine to work either, when I double click on it it just takes me to a black screen. :-(

Top Bottom