• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea Infinite |OT| Less Grinding, More Reading

Volcynika

ojdycg.jpg

Summary

Wrongly accused for the failed assassination of Overlord Laharl, a lone Prinny sets off on a quest through time to clear the Prinny Squad's name. Possess characters, control their minds, and solve the Netherworld's most bizarre mystery of exploding pudding!

In Disgaea Infinite, players will use “time traveling” and “possession” to solve mysteries. The game initially begins by traveling back in time. You will then possess other characters to gather info/clues. By possessing the characters, you can read their minds and see through their eyes. Some characters might be thinking something completely different as they talk to others. By possessing different characters, you will gradually find out who the true culprit is.

Quick Details

Publisher: NIS America
Genre: Adventure Novel
Platform: PSP (available both on UMD and PSN)
MSRP: $19.99
Release Dates: June 8, 2010 (NA) | November 1, 2009 (JP)

Box Art

1193z2v.jpg

Videos

Gameplay Video 1
Gameplay Video 2
Gameplay Video 3
Gameplay Video 4

Images

2nqwk0j.jpg
5vc0mq.jpg

2s6a2dx.jpg
zlq7gi.jpg

34e3kb7.jpg
fbexdx.jpg

Reviews

--

Edgeward

So weird to see this have a umd release, let alone being released here in the states. Nice to see it's fully(?) voiced. Love me some Prinnies saying dood. $20 for an adventure game is a bit steep though. =\

Sacha

Picked this up today, anyone else did ? Having so much fun, crazy Disgaea stuff as we love it. The database is pretty funny too... There's an entry for the word dood with a stupid pun : "Just doing my dood-y, dood !" :lol Anyway, 1 ending out of 13 done ! I got the one where Prinny goes and possess
a Geo Symbol, and ends up getting killed by Etna doing the Geo Symbol tutorial for Disgaea 1
. :lol

Siliconera also did a Q&A with NISA's team, could convince those who're still hesitating to get it : http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/07/your-disgaea-infinite-questions-answered/

androvsky

Played it for a while last night, it's a lot of fun so far. It started out a bit more confusing than I expected, and the first few interactions are going to get really old as I try to find all the branches, but overall it's worth it. I haven't even gotten one real ending yet, though I've gone through the loop at least five times. :lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I think I preordered this on Amazon almost by accident long ago before I really knew what it was. Totally forgot about it until I got the shipping notification the other day. Ah well.

Sacha

Man, this game is so funny. Bringing together Disgaea 1 and 3 characters was such a good idea, I love Mao's English VA. And Rasberyl saying straight to Laharl's face : (not really a spoiler, but you might want to experience this moment of awesomeness while playing)
Are you by any chance Ms. Flonne ?
:lol

Disgaea Infinite is probably the craziest Disgaea thus far. So awesome. :D

Dumb question, but does the game spoil significant details about previous entries?

Might not matter in the end since they've all been out so long, but still like to know.

Sad_Panda

Definitely picking this up after my finals. Can't pass up on some wacky Disgaea humor for 19$99. I still can't believe NIS had the guts to bring it over and release it on UMD.

Sacha

SpeedySwaf said:
Dumb question, but does the game spoil significant details about previous entries?

Might not matter in the end since they've all been out so long, but still like to know.

There are major spoilers about the first Disgaea, since it takes place after it. I don't think there are for the two others, but I can't say that for sure.

androvsky

Durante said:
Just to make sure before I buy this, the PSN release has ual audio right?

I'm playing in Japanese on the PSN release. Had a minor bug with the dub, but my battery was pretty close to dead. Dunno if that'd matter, but no one else seems to have noticed, and it was right at the beginning.

$20 for an adventure game is a bit steep though. =\
Don't the Phoenix Wright games start for more? Besides, this is fully voiced as far as I've played, and in two languages. :)

Sacha

Hey, I didn't notice but you can keep track of the endings you got in the database. Pretty useful (like the Auto-Skip by the way). I got endings 1, 2, 6, 7 and 9 so far. I like how they got some of them to
tie up with other Nippon Ichi games
, that's pretty cool.

Lain

Just ordered it, forgot to preorder and was debating if I should break down and update my PS3 to buy the digital version... but decided to not update and just grab the UMD.

How's the loading?

zoku88

androvsky said:
I'm playing in Japanese on the PSN release. Had a minor bug with the dub, but my battery was pretty close to dead. Dunno if that'd matter, but no one else seems to have noticed, and it was right at the beginning.

Don't the Phoenix Wright games start for more? Besides, this is fully voiced as far as I've played, and in two languages. :)
Phoenix Wright games are full priced DS games, so $35?

DiscoJer

Phoenix Wright games are adventure games. You move around, look at the crime scene, pick up objects, stuff like that.

This is a visual novel. All you do is pick different text options.

$20 is probably is a lot when you compare it to a traditional Disgaea game. But at the same time, they still had to translate text, get voice acting done, test it, have it approved by Sony and rated by the ESRB. So in that sense it's a pretty decent price.

duckroll

I just picked this up on PSN since it popped up on the Asian PSN today. I think this is the first NISA title I've ever bought. Localization seems pretty solid, and I haven't experienced a game breaking bug yet, so that's something. Looking at the timetable for the game, it's obvious this game is much, much smaller and simpler than Infinite Loop, but I suppose that is to be expected since it's only 140meg and it's less than half the price of a retail game (I got it at 22 SGD, so that's about 15 USD?). Pretty funny game though.

kiryogi

Banned
Picked it up last week as well. Im about halfway thru the game. And if I haven't said it before. I actually play it on dub. Might be the Prinny's game that influenced it.. But Dood > Desu. And yeah it's such a hilarious game.

kiryogi

Banned
I was telling Bebpo this but aside from the main prinny being already such a sorry character. The non primary prinnies on the other hand, sound SO fucking high/stoned :lol "Dooooood, I so need a stiff drink"

duckroll

kiryogi said:
I was telling Bebpo this but aside from the main prinny being already such a sorry character. The non primary prinnies on the other hand, sound SO fucking high/stoned :lol "Dooooood, I so need a stiff drink"

I think if I talk to Bebpo about dubs, he'll stop talking to me! :lol

duckroll

I've unlocked 8 out of the 14 endings so far. Pretty fun game. After completing the game properly for the first time and knowing how the overall timeline works, it's nice to use toilet time to just attempt different routes and try for new endings. Pretty decent time waster with good production values and lots of humor. :)

GhaleonQ

I only get some of the Marl-Makai Kingdom games, but this is definitely one. Unfortunately, by August (when I travel home), it may be too late to find one easily.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Its been on sale on PSN for $15 for a while now, so I picked it up last week. I'd been meaning to get it, but it fell off my radar until the sale. Spent about an hour on it, and wow, I love the writing/voice work. Its so entertainingly hilarious.

I wish NISA could localize and release Infiniteloop, the original game that made the concept for Disgaea Infinite. The Japanese demo was compelling enough without understanding the language alone.

This game is just begging for an iOS release, though. Seriously.

Top Bottom