• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DivX question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of the DivX Player. With that in mind, I'm having trouble playing certain movie files. The video works fine, but I get no sound. A message comes up saying "the file contains unknown audio data". Can I somehow get this fixed? Is there a plugin that I can get to expand the Player's abilities to handle certain audio data?...

Alucard

Banned
Any idea where I can download that Gspot program from? I don't think it will be the first thing that pops up if I type "Gspot" into google. And where can I get that codec?...

Alucard

Banned
That's weird. I got the program, opened the file I want to check, and it says that I have 2 compatible codecs installed. I don't get why it won't play on my DivX Player. Gspot says that the codec is ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3. I don't know if that means anything or not though.

Alucard

Banned
This is just pissing me off now. Why the hell does it say that I have 2 compatible codecs installed but the sound still won't play on the DivX Player? Aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Alucard

Banned
I'm going to freaking cry...I've tried just about everything...installing the codec into the DivX codec directory...playing around, playing around, and more playing around. Still no sound. I want to punch my computer in the face.

Alucard

Banned
Okay, I seriously think I just need to reformat my system since I can't even install Media Player Classic because of some problems with a couple of system files.

Alucard

Banned
Thanks for all the suggestions guys but I think that I'm due for a reformat. I've tried installing Media Player Classic but like I said, the install program won't run because of some problems with a few system files. Plus, I'm pretty sure there is a virus swimming around somewhere on this thing and I haven't been able to neutralize it. My PC's performance has dropped a great deal over the past couple of months and my defrag won't even work. Yep, definitely time to format this puppy.

Ecrofirt

there is no install program. The url in this thread is the zip file which contains the exe for the file. it doesn't install or anything, it just opens up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom