• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMX Arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuri

Banned
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...2&e=1&u=/ap/20040625/ap_en_mu/rapper_arrested

NEW YORK - Rapper and actor DMX was arrested on charges that he and another man tried to steal a car in a parking lot at Kennedy Airport, authorities said.

DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, and Jackie Hudgins were arrested Thursday night after Port Authority police interrupted a dispute between the two and another man whose car
they allegedly tried to steal, authorities said.

Simmons and Hudgins were arrested on charges of attempted robbery, criminal impersonation and criminal mischief, he said. They were in custody and were expected to be taken to central booking in Queens late Thursday.

movers_tom_200x200.jpg

"There goes my career plan for the next 2 years"

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Raoul Duke said:
Too bad it wasn't for lack of flow and proliferation of obnoxious barking throughout his "rhymes".

Are you insane?
DMX is one of the most talented MC's of the last 20 years. His lyrics were deep, and his delivery was 2nd only to 2pac.

oh man, you gotta read some of the reviews out there for his last album..

they are hilarious, they rip it to shreds..

DOG, WOOF WOOF, DOG!!! <--- 50% of DMX's rhymes.

john tv

Sactown said:
Are you insane?
DMX is one of the most talented MC's of the last 20 years. His lyrics were deep, and his delivery was 2nd only to 2pac.
Guess he wasn't very good at managing the money he earned from all this talent, or he wouldn't be out trying to jack somebody's ride at an airport. :D

Boogie9IGN

I'm not a fan of much rap, but I liked DMX. For some reason, I liked his movies too :(

LOL @ the tom arnold pic and caption though

Triumph

Banned
Sactown said:
Are you insane?
There is not a laughing smiley large enough to do justice to the nonsense that you just posted.

"Get at me dog".

Deep, man. Deep. Way more deep than say, Biggie, Jigga, Rakim, Guru, Mos Def, Talib, Common Sense, shit even my downstairs neighbor Jolene the Arthritic Whore. DMX deserves to be chained to Vanilla Ice and walk throughout America, begging forgiveness for spreading horrible rhymes.

Raoul Duke said:
There is not a laughing smiley large enough to do justice to the nonsense that you just posted.

"Get at me dog".

Deep, man. Deep. Way more deep than say, Biggie, Jigga, Rakim, Guru, Mos Def, Talib, Common Sense, shit even my downstairs neighbor Jolene the Arthritic Whore. DMX deserves to be chained to Vanilla Ice and walk throughout America, begging forgiveness for spreading horrible rhymes.

to be fair there was a lot of DMX stuff that would never find Air Play in the Mainstream...
DMX was not a shallow rapper... angry maybe but not shallow...

Nelly now... okay but DMX NAH DOG

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
There is no way he's broke. He's making more money with movies than he ever did selling albums. he probably did it to show he was still gangsta, or just for fun, and the pigs overplayed it and arrested him.

Listen to the songs that weren't released as singles.

Fame
I miss you
Slippin
Who We Be
Shorty Was Da Bomb
Here We Go Again
A Minute For Your Son

and Just for fun: Bring You're Whole Crew
When DMX was at the top of his game, he was the best. His last 2 albums were more relaxed, but there were still songs of genius on them.

karasu

Raoul Duke said:

"Get at me dog".

Damn near everyone you listed had hude respect for DMX , especiallyw hen he was underground. HE was one of the most trackwhoring MC's ever!

Triumph

Banned
karasu said:
Damn near everyone you listed had hude respect for DMX , especiallyw hen he was underground. HE was one of the most trackwhoring MC's ever!
Doesn't matter if they had respect for him or not. I DON'T. He's pop. He's crap. All IMHO of course.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DMX was a hell of a lyricist early in his career, but as his career progressed, the worse he got. I mean, he went from being able to listen to his CDs straight through, to having only 2 or 3 tracks that were good. But in the early days, DMX was da man. Even his last CD showed moments of genius.

As far as this incident, no telling what happened, but if he was trying to show that he was "still gangsta", he needs his ass whipped. He should have matured out of that shit awhile back.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Sactown said:
he probably did it to show he was still gangsta, or just for fun, and the pigs overplayed it and arrested him.

I know if a multi-millionaire tried to jack my ride that as long as he did it "for his image" I'd take it easy on him. I'm sure I wouldn't press charges if the Fat Boys were caught stealing my ride. They've done so much for me over the years. Get real, I'm sure the "pigs overplayed it and arrested him." I'm sure OJ was innocent as well.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
dskillzhtown said:
DMX was a hell of a lyricist early in his career, but as his career progressed, the worse he got.
IAWTP.

I absolutely love It's Dark And Hell Is Hot and Flesh Of My Flesh, and enjoyed certain tracks from ...And Then There Was X. From then on though, he's just been coasting on his rep, his singles have been spotty to say the least, and his movies both blow and suck. Such a shame, but at least he left a couple of gems behind and that's more than I can say for a lot of rappers out there.

Stealing cars? WTF! This from the guy who wanted so much money to be in DJV2 that EA said "fuck this" and moved on?

Odoul

Damn. I just watched Belly again last evening.
I guess he's trying to turn into a real life Bunz.
Speaking of which, while It's not great I can watch that movie over and over again anytime. Hype needs to make a new film.

shuri

Banned
The style was pretty neat in that movie. I really liked the visual aspect of it. The story was boring as fuck, and there was no flow.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
dskillzhtown said:
DMX was a hell of a lyricist early in his career, but as his career progressed, the worse he got. I mean, he went from being able to listen to his CDs straight through, to having only 2 or 3 tracks that were good. But in the early days, DMX was da man. Even his last CD showed moments of genius.

IAWTP Early on I was blown away by him... now? Meh....

Raoul Duke said:

"Get at me dog".

This man speaks the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom