• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do The Mario’s impulse purchase: MGS2:S

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Well I picked up Metal Gear Solid: Substance for the Xbox today, I never picked it up when I had a PS2, It was half price and I don’t see a lot of copies in Australia anymore (think it’s been discontinued) so though what the hell, I might go back and pick up a copy of soul caliber 2 for the equivalent of $15 US dollars.

Anyway I didn’t enjoy the first half of the tanker level, but the last half in the hold was good fun. Now I am getting into to big shell I love this game I thought the graphics sucked during the tanker. Probably because of the dull interior sections but the big Shell is quite pretty with some vibrant colours in outdoor areas.

Looks like a good purchase with all the extra stuff they crammed onto the disc, but now I’m just hoping MGS3 comes to the Xbox because I don’t want to re buy a PS2 (out of principle to Sony). And I just know I am going to be itching to play MGS:3 when I finsh substance

Anyone have sales figure of how MGS:S sold?

This probably wasn’t a good idea with Halo 2 coming out next week!

Miburou

I don’t want to re buy a PS2 (out of principle to Sony)

Wait, your PS2 started fucking up? You can send it back to them and they'll fix it free of charge (assuming it's the optical disc drive).

Anyway, I don't know what people have against the big shell. I thought the outdoor section looked great. And you can slip on pigeon shit!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So you finished the Tanker? Just a little bit of advice: stop now. You've already played the good part of the game.

Miburou

Don't listen to this guy. Sure, you'll come across some pretty fucked up cut-scenes and plot twists, but the gameplay in the big shell is solid gold.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Miburou said:
Don't listen to this guy. Sure, you'll come across some pretty fucked up cut-scenes and plot twists, but the gameplay in the tanker is solid gold.
That's what I said. The Tanker is the good part. :D

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Miburou said:
Wait, your PS2 started fucking up? You can send it back to them and they'll fix it free of charge (assuming it's the optical disc drive).

Anyway, I don't know what people have against the big shell. I thought the outdoor section looked great. And you can slip on pigeon shit!

After sending it to Sony for repair they sent it back to me twice still broken, the third time they sent it back to me it was a refurbished unit.

Over two months of screw up’s meant I was never going to buy a Sony product again, there service was shocking.

I found the first half of the tanker a bit dull but olga and the hold were awesome

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Since you had trouble understanding what was going on in Halo, I can guarantee you MGS2 will melt your brain. ;)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Come now, everyone knows that MGS2 becomes ever more so enjoyable when you SHUT DOWN your brain. ;p

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Kiriku said:
Since you had trouble understanding what was going on in Halo, I can guarantee you MGS2 will melt your brain. ;)

LOL, I doubt it HALO was the first time that has ever happened and mainly because I didn’t catch some dialogue. Especially after finishing the first level I waited a few weeks before picking the game up again.

And it’s not that a I didn’t understand the story I just a bit confused about the location of some of the early levels.

hirokazu

Do The Mario said:
Well I picked up Metal Gear Solid: Substance for the Xbox today, I never picked it up when I had a PS2, It was half price and I don’t see a lot of copies in Australia anymore (think it’s been discontinued) so though what the hell, I might go back and pick up a copy of soul caliber 2 for the equivalent of $15 US dollars.

where are these cheap goods coming from? i wish to purchase cheap goods too.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
hirokazu said:
where are these cheap goods coming from? i wish to purchase cheap goods too.
Dicksmith has some great deals eg Ghost recon and Splinter Cell double pack for $30AUD around $20 USD.

They also have soul caliber 2 for $27 AUD

Also try K-Mart and Target for some great deals, Target had the great deal on MGS2:S but the box was in very crappy condition so I went to Kmart and they price matched.

Top Bottom