• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do You Keep Your Console / Accessories Box and Packaging?

Do You Keep The Packaing Consoles / Accessories Come In?

• Total voters

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wondering what most people on GAF do with the boxes and packaging consoles and accessories come in. Do you keep them for collection? for having a full package if/when reselling the console? or just dispose of them after opening them.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I still have the box of my Switch and PS4. Felt wrong to dispose of them, and now they might come in handy since I'm considering selling them.

killatopak

Gold Member
I do have them although only from the Wii to today. I was younger and had no care for the boxes during the PS2 and older gens.

-Minsc-

My Dreamcast and GameCube are packed away in their respective boxes.

I picked "I like to collect them." Doesn't feel quite accurate but it's the closest pick.

Last edited:
Yes, for both of the reasons in the poll. I collect them and then use them to store consoles when I'm not using them and you get a better resale when you have original packaging.

Darsxx82

Since PS2 I was more aware and I keep all the boxes of my consoles. I wasn't so much before and I regret it a lot.

Curiously, I still have the original box of my Megadrive, which is older and not the Saturn, Dreamcast or N64 ones. From PS2 onwards (all XBoxes, all PS including PSP and Vita) I keep all my consoles in their original boxes.

Lysandros

Not me necessarily but i know Richard from DF collects and keeps PlayStation boxes/packaging specifically and in a particularly pristine condition at that.

BlackTron

I keep them because I like collecting them AND because it's good for reselling.

Recently I found out my Ice Blue N64 is worth up to $600 on ebay. Had no idea. Turns out, the 64 is worth about 200. The box is worth about 400 all by itself, thinking about selling just that. (Don't worry, I still have the box to my black launch N64. I won't go hungry, or anything). I had a SOB story here a while ago about how all my portable games and systems were stolen about 15 years ago. Keeping all the boxes was a painful reminder until I realized their value -sure it sucked to lose Pokemon R/B/Y carts worth 50 each now but their boxes are worth a whooping 200 each. Keep that shit guys

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Wondering what most people on GAF do with the boxes and packaging consoles and accessories come in. Do you keep them for collection? for having a full package if/when reselling the console? or just dispose of them after opening them.

New poll option should be, "Yes, but I get rid of them after a few years if I don't need to return or resell."

Most of the time I keep them until I can no longer return the item directly to the store. Sometimes I accidentally hold onto them, though.

Aenima

For consoles, yes because A and B. I like to collect them and in case i want to resell it i like to do it in its original box.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I try to, age wise
I've got my OG PSX box & PS2 in which I store stuff
Other boxes are somewhere for everything else
Accessories not so much

Garibaldi

Yup, I usually give the old consoles to my brother for him and his daughters to play. My lot already have their own machines. Keeping the boxes in the loft just makes packing them up for them a little less messy

Last edited:

acm2000

as a general rule for all electronics i keep boxes for as long as the warranty lasts, after that it just depends on what its for.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Box and manual at the very minimum, registration card, posters and everything else if possible. Unfortunately I used to stock every paper from SNES games in a single bag and now I cannot find that damn thing, it must be worth over a thousand in registration cards alone (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, etc).

Aww yeah! I still have my jungle green N64 with the banana DK64 cartridge in box. Also have the Uncharted 3 PS3 combo box, the Gears of War 5 Xbox One X, several Pokemon systems themes and boxes, Horizon 2 PS5 packaging, Fire Emblem Fates 3DS and (sold separately) Fire Emblem Fates double cartridge that includes both paths and the dlc,

I also have a bunch of N64, GBC and GBA games with their cardboard boxes. At one time I had over 50 SNES games in box but I stupidly sold them all for a spring break trip. Major regret there...

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Keep for both collecting and reselling purposes.

Fess

I keep everything and I don’t know why because I never sell anything 🤷‍♂️
I’m going with the lazy vote

Last edited:

Crayon

Rarely, now. I keep the box toy current GPU and I actually like physical game cases. Some stuff have neat inner packaging that I'll use for organizing stuff in the closet.

Humdinger

I hold on to them for a month or two, just in case I need to return the console for a refund. After that, I throw them away.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I keep them for awhile then one day I find them in a closet and wonder why the hell I am keeping them and then throw them away.

Top Bottom