• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think Silicon Knights should join Microsoft Game Studios?

Solid

The more I think of it the more right it seems. MGS has a lot of talented western developers and I think Silicon Knights should fit pretty good next to Rare. Then SK would get all the financial support from MS to make more awesome games. Plus, SK seem to be more of a PC-programmer if you ask me, so maybe Xbox/Xbox 2 is the best hardware for them (since it's quite easy to develop for).

How many approve this idea?

jarrod

Banned
After the Rare deal... I doubt MGS would be too interested. :p

More likely I see Konami going for them, given they have a previous relationship and Konami's hungry for western expansion.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Deepthroat said:
The more I think of it the more right it seems. MGS has a lot of talented western developers and I think Silicon Knights should fit pretty good next to Rare. Then SK would get all the financial support from MS to make more awesome games. Plus, SK seem to be more of a PC-programmer if you ask me, so maybe Xbox/Xbox 2 is the best hardware for them (since it's quite easy to develop for).
Color me confused.

How do you figure they're "more of a PC programmer"? o_O Have they ever even made a PC game?

I'd rather them just make games by themselves than align themselves with someone else like they're some special developer. They're no Rare.

P90

Sk should write the storyline for a Capcom series. No touchy gameplay, just story. I'd like to see them write a Onimusha storyline.

I think the best thing for Silicon Knights would be if they stopped trying to prove to the industry that they belong and just make some good games. If that's with MGS then so be it.

jarrod

Banned
Property of Microsoft said:
After playing Eternal Darkness, NO.
Speaking of which, what ever happened to that rumor about Nintendo getting DarkWorks Studio to do Eternal Darkness II? Fleming?

No. They should be platform agnostic.

And not SEGAs crappy definition of "platform agnostic". I mean put all their good games on all systems to reach the most people.

Screw ED and MGS:TTS haters!

M3wThr33

Banned
I say they should just reveal something. Their site still has the Nintendo logo. Nothing was mentioned at E3. The IGN and PGC reports never had the followup clarification.

Methinks the conversation went like this:
SK: Hi, Nintendo. Uhm, Konami liked how we did MGS:TTS and thinks we could sell more on the PS2 and Xbox.
N: Really?
SK: Yeah, so we already jabbered off to IGN and PGC about it. We're gonna leave. Dennis is handling it.
N: We still own you.
SK: Shit.

WarPig

M3wThr33 said:
I say they should just reveal something. Their site still has the Nintendo logo. Nothing was mentioned at E3. The IGN and PGC reports never had the followup clarification.

Dreeeeeaaaaam...dream, dream, dreeaaaam...

DFS.

Solid

What's with the hate? I seriously can't see where it comes from. Eternal Darkness has 90% over at Gamerankings.com and have been awarded with many Game of The Year awars. Still, people hate Silicon Knights and Denis Dyack more than anything? WHY?!

SantaC

Deepthroat said:
What's with the hate? I seriously can't see where it comes from. Eternal Darkness has 90% over at Gamerankings.com and have been awarded with many Game of The Year awars. Still, people hate Silicon Knights and Denis Dyack more than anything? WHY?!

Because they managed like 1 original game in 2 generations. Sure they did MGS:TT, but it's a remake as you know.

I don't hate them. I kinda liked Eternal Darkness, but some chapters wasn't fun.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Deepthroat said:
He is cocky. They are Canadians who can not make realistic snow.

P90

Deepthroat said:

I don't hate them by any stretch. ED's gameplay was lacking IMO. I thought the story was well done. MGS:TTS was competent. Except for a couple graphical glitches, no probs.

Fanboyism aside

I think they should, they were never worthy of Nintendo support anyway. Too human would have taking probably longer that Fable and would flop too compared to Fable which has been a huge success regardless of what those punks promised

Top Bottom