• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA Ultimate goes gold

Xbox Live-enabled version of Tecmo's premiere fighting game series bounces off to the factory, will store shelves later this month.

After numerous delays both in its home country and here in the States, Tecmo announced today that Dead or Alive Ultimate has gone gold and will appear on retail shelves later this month. Although the publisher has yet to pin down a specific release date, retailer EB Games lists October 26 as the day the Xbox Live-enabled fighter will be available for purchase.

DOA Ultimate features the first two games in the series--a slightly enhanced port of the Sega Saturn version of Dead or Alive, and a completely rehauled version of Dead Or Alive 2 featuring the graphics engine from DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball. Six different Xbox Live modes will be available: Winner-Stays, Tournament, Team Battle, Survival, Loser-Stays, and Kumite Battle. An online scoreboard will allow players to post their scores and see where they rank against other players from around the world.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/18/news_6110766.html

Soul4ger

Can I tell you how absolutely pissed I am that they're releasing a Special Edition first run of these? I wouldn't buy it on the 26, if not for that.

MrparisSM

Banned
Man I can't wait for this game. The graphics, online play, interactive environments all look amazing. I've got this puppy preordered on outpost.com for 37.99 :D

What's in the Special Edition?

I'm a tad leery about getting this simply because my best stick has a Xbox niggle in it. Oh well, not like I need a $100+ controller for this game.

I know the SE includes the OXM DOA3 upgrade pack... does the regular edition? I want that, but I don't want to pay $50 for the game.

(where "don't want to"="can't")

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
PhatSaqs said:
I hope the arcade online mode is as good as it sounds.

Looked good on G4 last week. I think something like 100 people can spectate the games as well.

Top Bottom