• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA Ultimate Screens.

Kunai

1doaw_v06-med.jpg

1doaw_v25-med.jpg

1RTM_ein00-med.jpg

1DOAW_W25-med.jpg

1doaw_v09-med.jpg

1DOAW_W13-med.jpg

1DOAW_W07-med.jpg

1RTM_gen00-med.jpg

1Bust_ein01-med.jpg

1Bust_gen00-med.jpg

1Bust_ein00-med.jpg

DOAU_22.jpg

DOAU_11.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
cant wait to see some of the skins moders make for this one :D

I love that new outfit for Tina.

I think every post I have ever made concerning this game, has had something to do with me talking about Tina. I may have a problem.

PhatSaqs

Banned
I wonder if TRU will have this the day after it ships (next Wednesday). Are they reliable in terms of getting games the day after the ship dates?

Wufei

I wonder if TRU will have this the day after it ships (next Wednesday). Are they reliable in terms of getting games the day after the ship dates?

I was wondering that too. I haven't been to a TRU in ages. Last time I was there I was probably buying Power Rangers or something.

Anyway, I want to pick this up along with Paper Mario 2 and some other game(maybe X-Men Legends).

What does the DOA crowd think of Rumble Roses, I wonder? It looks like that game just goes ahead and gives people what they want instead of teasing and beating around the bush like DOA. ;)

Too bad it ships on the same day as Halo 2 though. Good luck going up against that.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Wha? I thought DOA:U came out October 22nd.

October 26th is the current ship date. It better stay next week...I can't wait anymore! :)

No bouncing breasts for us PAL people 'til 2005. I wonder if it'll be international play? Was it's GS's preview where they played against a Danish journalist? Hope that's not just for demo purposes.

Lyte Edge

Die Squirrel Die said:
No bouncing breasts for us PAL people 'til 2005. I wonder if it'll be international play? Was it's GS's preview where they played against a Danish journalist? Hope that's not just for demo purposes.

It might be like some of the other XBL games where DOA Ultimate will play in ANY system, no matter what the region.

Lyte Edge said:
It might be like some of the other XBL games where DOA Ultimate will play in ANY system, no matter what the region.

Anyone know what Tecmo's track record on region-less games is. IIRC the Ninja Gaiden demo was region-less but the actual game was locked.

Uno Ill Nino said:
What does the DOA crowd think of Rumble Roses, I wonder?
IMO, Rumble Roses is trashy and exploitative in comparison - I don't like the brutal violence or the overt sexuality (and especially not the combination). DOA is generally more teasing, tasteful, and....safe, I guess, in a good way. Also, I can't stand that cowgirl character in RR (or most of the others, for that matter).

Zaptruder

Banned
Why does EVERYONE BUT THE OLD MAN get new clothes?

He's got the worst costume and is the one in the most dire need of a change... but noooo.

You know what else would've been cool in addition to changable outfits?

Hair! different hairstyles.

Looks like they've let that one pass over them tho.

Pachinko

The full character listing ? Every character from doa 2 hardcore + hitomi for doa3.

So Kasumi, Ayane, Tina , Lei Fang, Helena , Hitomi , Janna Lee, Gen Fu, Bass, Leon, Hayabusa , Ein , Zack and Tengu is probaly unlockable.

The DOA 1 included with the game likely only has Kasumi, Tina , Lei fange, Jann Lee, Gen fu , Baybman , Hayabusa and zack.

Lyte Edge

I'm not ready to give up yet on Brad and Christie not being in the game; could be that Team Ninja wants the journalists to keep quiet about it. Same is possible with Lisa. Just like with Bayman in DOA2 Hardcore, it wouldn't be hard to simply make her move list basically the same as another character's.

Just a question: The whole game is online right, not just part one. I thought I read somewhere that the only portion that was online was part one. So that would be the one with crappy graphics and not all the characters. But part 2 is online as well, right?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Property of Microsoft said:
Just a question: The whole game is online right, not just part one. I thought I read somewhere that the only portion that was online was part one. So that would be the one with crappy graphics and not all the characters. But part 2 is online as well, right?

According to IGN's previews both 1 and 2 are online.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Pachinko said:
The full character listing ? Every character from doa 2 hardcore + hitomi for doa3.

So Kasumi, Ayane, Tina , Lei Fang, Helena , Hitomi , Janna Lee, Gen Fu, Bass, Leon, Hayabusa , Ein , Zack and Tengu is probaly unlockable.

The DOA 1 included with the game likely only has Kasumi, Tina , Lei fange, Jann Lee, Gen fu , Baybman , Hayabusa and zack.
Cool. Kinda glad Hayate isnt in this one. He was a monster and easily the best in the game in DOA3.

Ronin

I just wish TN would actually make a good fighter instead of putting all their effort in giving Kasumi 20 costumes.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Xbox.com said:
Hitomi never actually appeared in the earlier Dead or Alive games, but she's in Dead or Alive Ultimate as a gift to Xbox gamers from Team Ninja.
Why thank you Team Ninja!! What a funny way of saying "we put in a new character."

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
WTF, no christie? So does that mean no new rendered shower scene with panthers? Seriously though, why did they not put the entire cast into this 'Ultimate' DoA experience? Because they are really hammering home this is afterall yet ANOTHER port of DOA2...

...one I plan to buy.

Top Bottom