• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anybody besides me watch Cinematech on G4?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Pretty interesting show, basically they just take game clips/trailers of usually just upcoming games and put them to music.

Last two weeks have had alot of good stuff, this last show had everything from Metroid Prime 2 to Halo 2, with GT4, Fable, FFXII and MGS3 in there as well and a host of other good stuff...

EDIT: That's where we differ then... I haven't had any problems with the music at all so far....

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I hate it when they dub some shitty music over the trailers rather than using the original music or sound from the trailers

I only liked the show when they showed the entire trailer of Silent Hill 4(all nine minutes of it)

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
It's one of the few shows on there I really like. They always have gameplay footage that I'm too lazy to look up on the web on upcoming games, and lot's of import games that I'm unlikely to see as well. Good stuff.

Tabris

It's love and hate.

Love the show

Hate when they cut trailers short (like that Final Fantasy XII trailer) and dub music over it.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I concur with the above.
I'm glad they didn't fuck with the Wild Arms intro though. That intro is ace.
Although when I watched, there wasn't really upcoming games....

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The only one I saw in its entirety was the terrible FF episode.

Otherwise, I've seen bits and pieces, and I'm with Wario and Tabris. Good idea, BAD execution.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Yep, only thing I'm willing to tune into from the G4 stable from time to time...probably because it's not really their production, really ;)

hobbitx

I like this show alot, but I'm not a huge fan. I'd much rather want to see a show that features gameplay footage from all sorts of games, they have it sometimes, but not much.

hate it when they dub some shitty music over the trailers rather than using the original music or sound from the trailers

I could not stand that crap either, you do not know the meaning of the word annoying until you see some shitty techno mix dubbed over LttP and Xenogears. I don't know what the deal with the trailers are about, but as far as the techno in general, for some extremely odd legal reason, whenever they show footage of a game or cinematic, they have to show it as is, like a plain recording of someone playing or watching. If they want to do a special mix of footage, they aren't allowed to use the games original music. I have no idea why this is, but one of the producers themselves came on the board and told us this.

It's the only show I watch on that channel

You don't like Icons?

When I had G4 it was the only show I watched, simply because it didn't feature any of the channel's dumb bimbo hosts butchering Japanese names. Actually made me want to pick up a few titles. I feel the same way about the shitty overdubbed music.

hobbitx said:
You don't like Icons?

Not when they get their facts wrong, which used to be all the time. Maybe things have improved since then.

Top Bottom