• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone know a tool where I can bind a keyboard key to a button on my controller?

Renegade

Banned
I'm trying to play some classic Sega PC games such as Sonic R, Daytona USA, Sega Rally 2 and Virtua ON but, as you could imagine, it sucks on a keyboard. Is there a prog I can use to bind those keys to a button on my controller? I've been looking and haven't found anything.

Ristamar

Eh.... the software usually comes with the controller. Check the website for a download if you don't have a disc.

Teddman

You could try the PowerRamp Mite PC controller. It's a keyboard emulator that plugs into the keyboard port with a pass-thru. Zero compatibility problems with all PC games.

The feel of the controller is pretty good too, not up there with the best PC pads, but not bad either. For $10 it's a good thing to have around.

Joy2key will map to anything that XP recognizes as a game controller. If you can't find the site (I fucking can't) then I can email it to you when I get home, it's prolly less than 500k.

davis

Once you get the options right JoyToKey is great can even control the 2nd joystick, I use it with a ps2 pad. You have to activate th 2nd joystick in the tab 'Others' under 'Joysticks' tab. Can control things like the sensitivity of the joysticks and map all 16 buttons on the ps2 controller. I have version 3.74 not sure if they have changed things.

Top Bottom