• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone know the Beyond Good & Evil sales for each console?

Eric-GCA

Banned
I think it was somewhere in the 20,000 units per console. I dont think it broke 100,000 combined.

A very sad fate for a great game.

Miburou

I got it for full-price but then went back when it dropped in price and got a refund. I haven't played past the first hour, though.

Catalyst

Banned
Damn. I only see PS2 units everywhere I go, I've been hoping to nab a GameCube copy, but haven't seen a GameCube or Xbox copy anywhere.

Miburou said:
I got it for full-price but then went back when it dropped in price and got a refund. I haven't played past the first hour, though.

Neither have I, I got bored of it and haven't played it since.

someone sell me a cheap copy. I've always wanted to play BG+E.. maybe. That's what they get for having a preppie chick protagonist.

expect to see cleavage; and gothic looking protagonist in leather in sequel.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Not nearly enough. Great game though, I'd love to see the story completed.

I would have bought it at full price if I'd had the time for gaming when it came out. Didn't even give me a chance with the almost immediate price drop. If there were sequels I'd pay full for them though. They'd be a priority.

Xellos

I hope Ubi decides to go ahead with a sequel despite the sales.

BG&E was a fun game, if a bit short. The underground-journalist motif made for some great stealth scenarios (
like the Alpha Section HQ and rooftop escape
), and of course Ubi France did a killer job with the art (especially the character and creature designs).

lindsaylohanavatar3.jpg
lindsaylohanavatar3.jpg
lindsaylohanavatar3.jpg
lindsaylohanavatar3.jpg
lindsaylohanavatar3.jpg
lindsaylohanavatar3.jpg
lindsaylohanavatar3.jpg
lindsaylohanavatar3.jpg

Hawt

Drek

expect to see cleavage; and gothic looking protagonist in leather in sequel.
The developers were quoted saying that even though they wanted to make a sequel, they didn't see any way that Ubi Soft would approve it after the horrible sales the original saw.

Sad really, BG&E was definately one of the best games from last year. I liked it more than POP. Had an enjoyable style, just needed to be fleshed out and opened up a bit more. If it had a bit more exploration/rpg elements it could have been a real classic.

Top Bottom