• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

does "Disc Dr." really work for fixing light scratches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't take good care of my music cd's. some of my favorite songs skip on certain cd's, and i want to fix them. true, i could just download it but i dont trust the quality and its a pain in the ass finding the right file. my question is this: why does everyone diss on disc dr? is it not the real deal? will it not fix scratches? what do you guys use?

BuddyC

you know, it's always worked for me. i, honest to god, really recommend the disc dr.

other methods...

toothpaste - apply toothpaste to the bottom of a disc. wipe the excess off, polish it up a bit, and give it a go. works well in a pinch, and has saved me on both long bus trips and os reinstalls.

toilet - never done this one myself, but works in theory. take your disc and stick it in the toiler. flush one or two times. i dunno how it actually works, if it's through erosion or what, but i've heard it from far too many people to debunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom