• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does DOA:U still have a lot of pressure-sensitive chains?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Dusted off DOA3 and went right into some of those training exercises and have been caught completely off guard by how irritating mastering the 'light'/'heavy' button pushes can be within these combos. X-X->X-Y-down+Y for example. Really annoying!

It doesn't help that mashing your thumb so hard onto the jewelled Controller S buttons can get really painful after a few minutes of repeat attempts. Maybe my Hori joystick is the better solution, but are these still prominent?

I don't think any of those are really necessary. I beleive most (if not all) can be done by a direction + the button, or the button and a nother button in tandem.

Yeah, I think there is an option to turn off pressure sensitive combos, and it'll just default to regular moves. (But, IIRC, there might be one or two that need pressure sensitivity to be turned on.. could be wrong though.. too bad my DOA3 got traded in so long ago, I'd check.)

Here's hoping DOA:U allows for the option to be turned off, as I too had trouble getting that part down.

Pachinko

man, you think its hard to do em on the controller , try doing it with an arcade stick. I have a hard time getting it to do a light attack, it is possible to do both with the stick but most of the time it comes out has a heavy hit.

Top Bottom