• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does [XBOXLIVE->muting->all] help improving lag/connection?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Just wondering.
Does the voip (or whatever it's using) data get sent/received anyway?
Or instead it's blocked server/host side and helps slimming down the bandwith usage?
I have a rather havy net cap, so anything goes... besides, I already despise voice chat with anybody who's not a friend.

Sorry for the newbie question guys (I KNOW!), I guess this was the correct forum to post it and hopefully I'm right.

:)

Dash Kappei

RJNavarrete said:
Does muting a live stream (ustream, justin.tv, even youtube) stop the data from being sent?
No

Well, comparison is meaningless, or anyway what I was asking was if the muting *ALL* did indeed stop the streaming directly from the source instead of just lowering the volume till zero.
And it's bullshit if you're right, I mean it would've been A LOT smarter that way.
Back when I was PC gaming I could just decide if I wanted to open the Skype voip stream to voicechat or not.

Dash Kappei

SnakeswithLasers said:
You should post this in gaming...

I would've preferred it myself to have more replies, but I didn't know if it was apt.
I figured that, if it was that way, then a mod would move it there...

Dash Kappei

Damn, do I really need to post this on the gaming section?
Just a couple more of well-informed replies will do!
Or even a link discussing it, I couldn't find anything online and I hardly believe that it's just that stupid of a question... I mean, it's probably idiotic to ask and I'm a newbie alright, but have you seen that shit that gets asked (and find an answer) on the internet? :lol

It's not a stupid question necessarily. Just the wrong forum. 99% of people that are in here are just checking the thread for whatever league they're involved in. 1% of those people look at the other threads. And 100% of the traffic is probably less than 1% of the traffic of gaming side. It's a gaming question, don't be skurred.

And I'm pretty sure this is a mod-free zone. It's like the wild west. Occasionally a mod or admin will wander through, but because of the sparse population, there isn't a lot of policing.

Dash Kappei

SnakeswithLasers said:
It's not a stupid question necessarily. Just the wrong forum. 99% of people that are in here are just checking the thread for whatever league they're involved in. 1% of those people look at the other threads. And 100% of the traffic is probably less than 1% of the traffic of gaming side. It's a gaming question, don't be skurred.

And I'm pretty sure this is a mod-free zone. It's like the wild west. Occasionally a mod or admin will wander through, but because of the sparse population, there isn't a lot of policing.

Hey, after 5 years of Gaf I've grown made of steel :lol
Thanks for the reply, I'll repost in the gaming section :)

Rorschach

SnakeswithLasers said:

This section is more about gaming than the "gaming forum" will ever be.

The answer to the OP's question is "no." It was already answered!

Top Bottom