• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does your block throw block parties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tt_deeb

My block just threw one yesterday and I was wondering if your guys blocks throw them. I'm sure for some it's not physically possible for whatever reasons (roads not able to be closed or whatever, maybe just not a lot of kids on the block so adults don't feel like doing it) If so, do you guys enjoy them?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
HalfPastNoon said:
naw, i've never lived in an area controlled by HUD.
lol

At the block I lived at until last Halloween, we had one block party. One.
That year (7 or 8 ago?), our family sponsored the event by bringing our 8' trampoline to the front yard so everyone could get in the fun. Someone bumped an elbow and threatened litigation. And so ended the block parties.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
dog$ said:
At the block I lived at until last Halloween, we had one block party. One.
That year (7 or 8 ago?), our family sponsored the event by bringing our 8' trampoline to the front yard so everyone could get in the fun. Someone bumped an elbow and threatened litigation. And so ended the block parties.

America really needs to do away with their Suing people system.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
It's where you get a bunch of dudes, 1 lucky dirty girl, and you "Put her on the block"

And then.........

I'm surprised some people consider these family events.

tt_deeb said:
My block just threw one yesterday and I was wondering if your guys blocks throw them. I'm sure for some it's not physically possible for whatever reasons (roads not able to be closed or whatever, maybe just not a lot of kids on the block so adults don't feel like doing it) If so, do you guys enjoy them?
my block doesn't, but my longtime friend's block does, and i'm there every year...

aoi tsuki

Yeah, they have them from time to time, but i don't bother going. i'm not really interested in learning about the people in my neighborhood, or them learning about me.

Fifty

No block parties these days. They've had to crack down on all types of partying after the last pajama house party.

0780627865.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

AntoneM

My block used to, we got permission to block off the street and everything. The best one had a house with all the food (a roasted pig) in their garage and another house had the band in their garage, kegs were spread all over. Anyway around 11:00 the noise ordinance kicked in and the cops showed up, the lead singer in the band pointed toward the cops and said "There's more pig if anyones hungry" when asked politley to go home every one responded "This is our home" eventually the cops caved in and ended up having a sandwich and said if the band played anymore they'd have to do something but otherwise they would leave us alone. It was a damn fun time had by all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom