• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doesn't it feel weird? (so close to GT4's release)

mr2mike

Banned
I mean, GT3's been around forever now, basically, Christopher Columbus probably had a few goes at the game while crossing the atlantic or something.

7/9/2001

That's gonna be over 3 years. 3 years with everyone trying to outgun polyphony... without much success might I add.

And now, in just over a month, poof, it's gonna be gone, it'll be old news, obselete, a relic of days past...

Before I had to sell my Xbox, I was looking foward to Halo 2, but it didn't feel like that special kind of anticipation. PGR might have been my fav racer, but the final wait for PGR2 was rather plain. RSC2? it came and went without me noticing it much... same for MotoGP2...

Basically the big hitters came, had their fun in the sun while the master of the house was away, but now daddy's coming back, and to me at least, it really does feel special, almost end-of-an-era-like.

Oh and let's not forget that after an absence in GT3 my car is back in the game, but that's another story.

It maybe even feels more like christmas than christmas...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
so close?
its next year
Probably March

It feels strange because the release dates been all over. One day its not coming out till next year the next its coming in December. Now though it seems to be December and since its gone gold there's no reason for it to change.

gt429.jpg

gt405.jpg

gt404.jpg

The limited edition GT4 350Z (also comes in black):

gt412.jpg

gt426.jpg

We've come to point where the graphics are so damn realistic I have to ask, "in that last pic on the screen, is that in game or the real car?"

Funny you should mention RSC2. I'm currently addicted to it. 60fps while driving and utterly gorgeous in widescreen on my HDTV.

I'm looking forward to playing GT4 and hoping for the best but I'm not sure how anything on PS2 will compare after RSC2.

jett

D-Member
This is something I've been wondering for the longest time: is that film-like blur a real time effect? Impressive if it is, but it's probably not.

Top Bottom