• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog caught running with decapitated head in mouth through Mexican town

Airbus Jr

Banned

poster.jpg

A dog was caught on video in Zacatecas, Mexico, running down the street with a human head hanging out of its mouth.
Alarming video clips shared to social media show the stray dog running down a dark street at night, holding the corpse’s head by the neck, likely taking it somewhere to eat the remains.
The stray dog was spotted on video carrying the human head through the streets.Twitter
The head and other body parts were abandoned in an automatic teller booth in the town of Monte Escobedo on Wednesday, an unnamed law enforcement official told Fox News.
The body parts had been left with a message referring to a drug cartel, officials said.
The message, which was likely intended to intimidate rivals and authorities, was intercepted by the mischievous canine before police were able to recover it.

Violence has spiked in recent years in the city of Zacatecas, with many pointing to a turf war between the Sinaloa and Jalisco drug cartels, which are both looking to control drug trafficking routes to the US.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

poster.jpg

A dog was caught on video in Zacatecas, Mexico, running down the street with a human head hanging out of its mouth.
Alarming video clips shared to social media show the stray dog running down a dark street at night, holding the corpse’s head by the neck, likely taking it somewhere to eat the remains.
The stray dog was spotted on video carrying the human head through the streets.Twitter
The head and other body parts were abandoned in an automatic teller booth in the town of Monte Escobedo on Wednesday, an unnamed law enforcement official told Fox News.
The body parts had been left with a message referring to a drug cartel, officials said.
The message, which was likely intended to intimidate rivals and authorities, was intercepted by the mischievous canine before police were able to recover it.

Violence has spiked in recent years in the city of Zacatecas, with many pointing to a turf war between the Sinaloa and Jalisco drug cartels, which are both looking to control drug trafficking routes to the US.

[/URL]
It do be like that.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

poster.jpg

Dude you need help kek lololol9l8l

Cyberpunkd

So the news is about the dog not that there are illegal drug cartels ok
What do you think will register better with the public? A sophisticated, comprehensive study on organised crime taking into account underlying social-economical factors or a clickbait article of a dogo?

Pop Tv Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

The zeitgeist of a society that allowed it and didn’t react till it all came crushing down will be glorious/terrible/interesting to see.

Azurro

Banned
Mexico sound like a living nightmare the more i hear about it.

Not really, you just live with a lot of small protections you use to minimize the chance of something bad happening to you, but people live, have fun, dance. People off the street are way more likely to suffer from "regular" crimes, a random guy off the street getting decapitated is not exactly likely. But yeah, it's way, way more dangerous than a nice US suburb. People just kinda get used to it.

The nuance is difficult to understand for people that are fortunate enough to live in a wealthy and safe country.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Maybe destroy the drug cartels I don't know. But the war on drugs has not really worked, but finding another way to destroy the drug trade might be worthwhile.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe destroy the drug cartels I don't know. But the war on drugs has not really worked, but finding another way to destroy the drug trade might be worthwhile.
If they truly wanted to end them, they could. Governments have the means and resources to do so, but the people don't have the stomach or optics for it.

There is also a lot of corruption and influence involved.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
If they truly wanted to end them, they could. Governments have the means and resources to do so, but the people don't have the stomach or optics for it.

There is also a lot of corruption and influence involved.
Well yes, many in the Mexican government from the military to the elected officials are on the Cartel Dime. Those that are not seem to end up dead. Reporters that talk about it, end up dead.

The amount of death that would be required to end the cartel control would look like a civil war in Mexico and have a huge amount of collateral damage.

QSD

Hmmm yeah I've only been to Yucatan and Quintana Roo in the south , backpacking, but things seemed pretty peaceful there. Dogs looked well-fed too for the most part.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Hmmm yeah I've only been to Yucatan and Quintana Roo in the south , backpacking, but things seemed pretty peaceful there. Dogs looked well-fed too for the most part.
Merida in Yucatan is one of the safest cities in Mexico and ranked one of the best cities in the world.

Reactions: QSD

QSD

Merida in Yucatan is one of the safest cities in Mexico and ranked one of the best cities in the world.
Wow really, makes sense! I LOVED Merida, went there more or less on a whim and it was such a breath of fresh air after the coast (which was too touristy for me).

Edit: top tip to any would-be travellers: wanna go to Chitzen Itza? Don't, just go to Uxmal, just an hours drive from Merida, just as beautiful and you will practically have the whole place to yourself.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Wow really, makes sense! I LOVED Merida, went there more or less on a whim and it was such a breath of fresh air after the coast (which was too touristy for me).

Edit: top tip to any would-be travellers: wanna go to Chitzen Itza? Don't, just go to Uxmal, just an hours drive from Merida, just as beautiful and you will practically have the whole place to yourself.
Tulum is where it's at on the coast when they're not having the alae problem. And yes, Merida is amazing as well.

QSD

Tulum is where it's at on the coast when they're not having the alae problem. And yes, Merida is amazing as well.
Tulum has all the funky clubs, that's for sure. It's the place on the coast I liked the best. Algae problem was pretty much ubiquitous when I was there (2019), in Cancun, Tulum, Playa, even in Key Caulker, Belize. The lady whose hostel I was staying at in CK was selling because of it. Call me a dirty hippy but it still makes me sad about the environment.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

I love Yucatan and everything about it. I'll probably go live in Izamal, Chetumal or Mérida when I win the Powerball.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Tensions are high in Mexico, destruction from hurricanes, families owe everything to drug cartels. Sad.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Tulum has all the funky clubs, that's for sure. It's the place on the coast I liked the best. Algae problem was pretty much ubiquitous when I was there (2019), in Cancun, Tulum, Playa, even in Key Caulker, Belize. The lady whose hostel I was staying at in CK was selling because of it. Call me a dirty hippy but it still makes me sad about the environment.
I was in playa del carmen last October the water was crystal clear while I was there.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Mexico sound like a living nightmare the more i hear about it.

Its not, its like school shootings here in America. Its horrific but statistically its not something the everyday person deals with.

Not to imply things are good in Mexico. Things are bad. But not a living nightmare.

Top Bottom