• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Konga + Bongos = $80 ;_;

B'z-chan

Banned
Soul4ger said:
That's strange, I thought they already announced the package was going to be $50...
Look at EGM that has LOTR on the cover and Look for the eb page it lists 49.99 with konga drum

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Not to mention that Taiko Drum Master only has an msrp of $59.99, except thats what EBgames is saying, I'm going to wait for an official word from Namco before I stand behind that.

Umm well Donkey Konga isn't really going to cost $79.99, you scared me there for a second. You get one set of bongos with the game, so unless you plan on having 2 bongo sets, it isn't going to cost you anything extra.

atomsk

Party Pooper
BOO to namco for making konga + drum = 50 but taiko + drum = 60

and why are they releasing so close together? RHYTHM GAME OVERLOAD (ddr extreme on 9/21 too)

BuddyC

atomsk said:

and why are they releasing so close together? RHYTHM GAME OVERLOAD (ddr extreme on 9/21 too)
According to what the Namco rep told me at E3, Taiko will come with the drum and a drum stand. So I'm cool with that extra $10.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
When does Donkey Kong Jungle Beat come out? I want that game more than Donkey Konga, but I guess I'll have to get D Konga as well for the bongos

BuddyC

Wario64 said:
When does Donkey Kong Jungle Beat come out? I want that game more than Donkey Konga, but I guess I'll have to get D Konga as well for the bongos
2005, but the import will be out this year.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
atomsk said:

Well NOA is releasing Donkey Konga, not Namco. Namco only developed Donkey Konga, so at this point I don't think they really have that much to do with the pricing. Taiko: Drum Master is their own game, so they pretty much have to get it out there. Namco can have all the money they need from me for bringing over Katamari Damacy and Taiko: Drum Master.

I'm guessing Taiko: Drum Master is going to get the better reception review wise. I don't know, I gotten the impression that Donkey Konga is too easy. That beind said, I NEED both. I'm not really that upset about the projected msrp of Taiko, seems like it will be worth it to me. But I don't think Namco has said anything official about the msrp, so cross your fingers that the retailers are wrong. :)

I don't know about DDR Extreme, I played the arcade version to death and at this point don't really have a desire to have the home version right now, maybe when the gaming scene calms down a little bit.

EDIT: Jungle Beat is going to be awesome, thats some innovation that I can open up my wallet for. Here Nintendo and Namco, take my money. Let me touch your Katamari and Jungle Beat, it will be ever so much fun.

Link316

Banned
are you guys sure about that? when a game comes a peripheral EB usually lists it, like "w/Guncon", "w/Eyetoy", etc, but with Donkey Konga it just says "Donkey Konga" instead of "Donkey Konga w/Bongos"

BuddyC

Link316 said:
are you guys sure about that? when a game comes a peripheral EB usually lists it, like "w/Guncon", "w/Eyetoy", etc, but with Donkey Konga it just says "Donkey Konga" instead of "Donkey Konga w/Bongos"
Positive.

Grizzlyjin

Link316 said:

Pretty sure, I think the reason they didn't list it as coming with the Bongos is the fact that there isn't a version that doesn't have it. In those cases you can either have the version with or without, and I don't think NOA is releasing a version of Konga that comes with just the game.

NotMSRP said:
Is there a US music list yet of Taiko no Tatsujin?

Nope, Namco has only given out a small little press release. And all the preview I have seen look like the Japanese version.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Link316 said:

397886ebgames.jpg

atomsk

Party Pooper
okay, i'll concede on the price point of Taiko, an extra 10 bucks is no big deal really...

but the whole release date thing still bugs me.

considering a drum rhythm game is a pretty niche market, releasing 2 so close to each other could lead to at least some cannibalizing in sales...

as far as DDR Extreme goes, i've had the import for ages, i'm just interested in any new songs and/or songs that were on older arcade mixes that didnt make it into home versions...

not too concerned about the eyetoy extra stuff...

Link316

Banned
atomsk said:
but the whole release date thing still bugs me.

considering a drum rhythm game is a pretty niche market, releasing 2 so close to each other could lead to at least some cannibalizing in sales...

they're on different platforms

atomsk

Party Pooper
and?

oh thats right. it's fall. i always forget companies get stupid during the fall...

yes, i'm aware killzone is coming 2 weeks before halo 2...

doesnt make it any less stupid

Meier

Namco has nothing to do with the price of the Donkey Konga. Their not publishing it like they are Taiko so that's not a very valid comparison.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh and about that EBgames ad, noticed how Link to the Past is $19.99. I think it's a price error...get that price matched with the new EGM issue :p

Belfast

Its not like they're giving you the bongos free. Its like they're giving you a $30 game and the bongos for an extra $20. :p

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I paid $80 for Beatmania IIDX 7th Style. Just the game. The standard controllers cost that much individually, and abount 4 times that amount for the "better" ones.

Even $80 for a game/controller combo is a pittance, much less $50. If I were interested in D Konga I'd be more than happy to only pay $80 for the set.

EB must be just using what it launched at in Japan which was roughly 80 USD.

Nintendo Power said it would be about 50 bucks.

Link, here you're nothing more than a third rate troll that isn't even amusing. Go back to Next-Gen and keep pissing off the 13 year olds. You're in big-boy land now and you can't hang.

AniHawk

Invader Zim said:
Link, here you're nothing more than a third rate troll that isn't even amusing. Go back to Next-Gen and keep pissing off the 13 year olds. You're in big-boy land now and you can't hang.

I knew I recognized your name from somewhere, but didn't know if you were the GF one (it's a popular name).

AniHawk

seismologist said:
Taiko looks better anyway, better music, cheaper
and you don't look like your playing a game made for toddlers.

Both games were fun. Taiko was the better one though.

Top Bottom