• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Konga doesn't work with freeloader :/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Its the first time I've bought a UK game, and was reassured that you can use freeloader to play PAL games on a US cube.

Boot up Action Replay, select freeloader (v1.06), prompted to swap discs, then it just goes to a black screen.

Thats it.

Anyone tried this, or playing PAL games on a US cube (must be some US cube owners in Europe that imported in the early days)? It doesn't need a US version of freeloader does it (my friend has been using it the other way round, to play US games on his PAL cube)

Is there a workaround that avoids me buying a UK cube?

king zell

I faced similar problems before

playing PAL on US GC will not work for many games

try ordering Free Loader v1.06B from codejunkies by phone

hooo

boooy
If it's anything like the jp version on a us machine, it boot and play, but you can't save. Not a huge issue as it only prevents you from saving extra stuff in 1-2 player modes, but still an issue none the less.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
mrklaw said:
button mashed and worked out that 'Y' brings up the region select.

Works now - and seems to save

If you can confirm that PAL donkey konga plays and saves on freeloader I will be importing.

What do you mean by "seems to save"?

BuddyC

hooo said:
If it's anything like the jp version on a us machine, it boot and play, but you can't save. Not a huge issue as it only prevents you from saving extra stuff in 1-2 player modes, but still an issue none the less.
You can't save the coins you've earned or the harder versions of the songs either. I played Konga for a week before I modded my GC, and then I didn't touch it again for months. I was just burned out on the same easy songs.

Mr. Drill Drill Land has the same saving issue, by the way.

BuddyChrist83 said:
You can't save the coins you've earned or the harder versions of the songs either. I played Konga for a week before I modded my GC, and then I didn't touch it again for months. I was just burned out on the same easy songs.

Mr. Drill Drill Land has the same saving issue, by the way.

Did a modded GC solve your problem?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
supposed to be 'Z', but maybe thats freeloader. I borrowed a friends Action Replay with freeloader built in, and 'Z' just shows the key layout (ooh, left right up down A)

Y on the 'open lid' menu brings up the flags, and you select the EU flag (eurgh!)

'seems' because it said it was saving my config after I changed the music balance, but I don't know if it saves my coins because the first time I played it I woke up my baby daughter with my clapping, so had to switch it off :p

I'll check properly later.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
OK - booted up and it remembered the coins I got in the first game, so it is saving.

Thats a US cube (with switch mod), running freeloader and PAL Donkey Konga, saving on a US memory card (with other US saves on)

Top Bottom