• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Konga Update

This game is going to be a blast!

Link

Donkey Konga, Nintendo’s upcoming GameCube music title, hasn’t seen much time in the news as of late but recently, Nintendo Europe release schedule with a solid release date for the game in Europe. Coming only a few weeks after its scheduled debut here in North America, Donkey Konga will ship throughout Europe on October 15th, 2004. In other Donkey Konga news, Nintendo Europe recently also put forth a list of songs in the upcoming title, check out the list below.
1. Lady Marmalade
2. Canned Heat
3. Don't Stop Me Now
4. Alright
5. The Locomotion
6. Dancing In The Street
7. Para Los Rumberos
8. Sing, Sing, Sing (With A Swing)
9. You Can't Hurry Love
10. All The Small Things
11. Oye Como Va
12. Louie Louie
13. 99 Red Balloons
14. The Impression That I Get
15. Busy Child
16. Tubthumping
17. I Want You Back
18. Cosmic Girl
19. Richard III
20. Wild Thing
21. September
22. Back For Good
23. Hungarian Dance #5 in G Minor
24. Turkish March
25. Super Mario Bros. Theme
26. Donkey Kong Country Theme
27. Legend of Zelda Theme
28. Rainbow Cruise
29. Super Smash Bros. Melee Opening
30. Donkey Konga Theme
31. DK Rap
Donkey Konga was developed by Namco, and has players taking on the roles of Donkey and Diddy Kong, while using drums to play old and new music. The game will make use of the DK Bongo controller (one included with game), and will support multiplayer modes for 1 - 4 players upon release. Here in North America, Donkey Konga is slated for release on September 27th, 2004.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Kobun Heat said:
I'll definitely be importing this version too. The more songs, the better...

I'd say the same, only I've heard the Japanese version won't save on US cubes using Freeloader, so I'm gonna assume that the same will be true for the EU release.

And there's no other way to play it other than buying a PAL cube.

And I was really looking forward to the Luft Balloons.

:(

brandonnn said:
I'd say the same, only I've heard the Japanese version won't save on US cubes using Freeloader, so I'm gonna assume that the same will be true for the EU release.

And there's no other way to play it other than buying a PAL cube.

And I was really looking forward to the Luft Balloons.

:(
All that means is you can't unlock the Expert versions of the songs. And while that would suck, having Hard mode is better than nothing.

hooo

boooy
While we're talking about importing, is the track list in Donkey Konga 2 jp better than DK 1 jp? I imported the first, and while I enjoyed it, there was just too much japanese folk music. Has anyone released a soundtrack rip of Hit Parade? That'd make the decision much easier.

28. Rainbow Cruise
29. Super Smash Bros. Melee Opening

Have these always been on the list? I have no idea how I missed them before, if so. I'm way more excited about the PAL version now. The more game songs, the better.

1. This is also on the U.S. track list.

2. This is the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, not some lame cover band.

1. Yes

2. No. Lame cover band GET!

Top Bottom