• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Konga US commercial!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
There is a lot of new footage in there ( of the street, and most significantly of the group playing the game, that entire scene was reshot) and the "street song" at the begining is different.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Although it's the same concept and reuses some footage from the original "commercial" that was posted here, this is actually much, much better.

#1 They replaced the lame-ass blond-haired guy with a cooler looking dude.

#2 they dropped the incredibly stupid idea of them being members of a band from the end of the commercial.

Although all of us around HERE know Donkey Konga rocks, to the general public, a poorly done commercial could severely damage its public image. It IS the nintendo name after all, and yeah... bongos. But I think this commercial does a good job of appealing to 20-somethings, for some intangible reason (besides the obvious fact that it IS 20-somethings in the commercial and not little kids, thank god).

Is Nintendo finally catching on? 20-somethings will be more likely to respond to an ad featuring people their own age, instead of youngsters. Obvious enough, right? The thing is, youngsters will ALSO be more likely to respond to an ad that features gamers older than them. It's the whole 'coolness' factor.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
This one is being marketed very well me thinks. This commercial screams "mainstream public you will have fun playing music!"

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Joe said:
in my opinion a lot of you guys are setting yourselves up for major dissapointment.
God I hope not, music games need more limelight here in the US and Donkey Konga is the one with the most hope of garnering that attention. The success/marketing of this game will undoubtably contribute to Taiko sales and other music games further down the road.

Top Bottom