• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't use thumbs up!

John Bilbo

Time to go back to the 'OK' hand gesture at least that is safe and won't be misinterpreted.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Lambogenie

Just like "Ok" it's context.

I can either mean ok, fuck you whatever.
Or OK, Roger that, affirmative.

This is why the world laughs at America for dumb shit like this ontop the already dumb stuff going around.

But to be fair, some hand signals are offensive depending on the country but this seems out of the blue offended because they ran out of what else to take offense with.

Rran

What's the reason given for all this anyway?

(I tried to find that Miyamoto gif of him doing the thumbs down/up but it didn't work)

Last edited:

Power Pro

What the hell? I use thumbs up irl all the time when trying to show a positive reaction...when the fuck will this kind of shit end? what's wrong with it!?!

also, fuck these people, the thumbs up is great

Twin Peaks Reaction GIF

TwiztidElf

Ok, can someone explain to me the issue with thumbs up? My daughter doesn’t yet have a phone and social media cancer so I can’t ask her.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's taken sarcastically? Like "Cool story bro!"/ "Gee, Thanks a lot!" / "Thaaaaaaanks!".
Completely dumb.

If we can't use thumbs up for un-ironic agreement or thanks, what are we supposed to use instead?

Last edited:
Top Bottom