• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom 1 being remade for doom3. Orgasmic screenshots inside.

shuri

Banned
shot00002.jpg

shot00004.jpg

shot00020.jpg

shot00011.jpg

shot00004.jpg

Check it out: http://cdoom.d3files.com/index.php?page=news

GhaleonEB

M3wThr33 said:
The Xbox version ain't gonna have this!
That is SO sweet!

So true. Then again, I don't have to shell out several hundred dollars just to boot the XBox version.

Seriously, this is an awesome undertaking but we knew stuff like this was gonna happen on PC. Why drag this into a PC vs console battle?

Isnt there a danger of people realizing the quality of level design is the same as it was so many years ago? Id better squish this!

It's nice that they're redoing the levels 'n' all...but until I see 40+ zombies, pink demons, and a couple of barons coming down the same hallway at me, unleashing hell, I'm not interested. I guess it'll be nice for deathmatch, though.

Solid

I wished Team Silent did the same thing with the original Silent Hill :(

Anyway, very nice pics. I like these kind of shots when it's a remake.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
OK, so we basically get hot, hot graphics with 10 year old gameplay! Hey, that sounds familiar...:|

DCX

DCX
Looking real good, although will it maintian the keycard gameplay or will it be the new PDA system?

DCX

Vitten

The new textures just don't quite fit in.

And as mentioned, there's really no point if you're not going to be swarmed by 10+ ennemies at the same time.

The original Doom screen shots on the right already look pretty damn good, save for the 2D sprites. What is that, running through JDoom or something? I gotta get ahold of that.

shuri

Banned
Kiriku said:
OK, so we basically get hot, hot graphics with 10 year old gameplay! Hey, that sounds familiar...:|

Well gaming as a whole didnt evolve much in most genres since the last 10 years. Heck I dont feel that Japanese rpgs changed a lot since FF1 :|

FPS games is a pretty stale genre since there's there isnt a lot of ways to kill someone with a gun. Someone mentionned that the level design didnt change a lot -- thats a bit expected, did you see a lot of evolution in architectual design in the last 10 years? :|

FPS became more complexe. Back in the doom days, they had to use a lot of tricks to make special effects, such as room-over-room, mirrors effects and skies. Modern engine certainly dont have to use tricks like that to do simple architectural designs.

Top Bottom