• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom available midnight Aug. 3 at Select BB (& Minimum MSRP 54.99)

"(Editor's Note: Activision later informed us that 10 select Best Buy stores, covering 6 markets -- Chicago, Washington D.C., Miami, Los Angeles, New York and Dallas -- will offer the game at 12:01AM on Aug 3 as part of a special midnight madness sale. We were unable to find out if any other stores will be conducting similar promotions."

"GameSpy: We've noticed that some stores will be selling the game for a higher-than-average premium of $55 and $60. Is that Activision, id Software or retailers that are pushing the price up?

Todd Hollenshead: Activision has a minimum advertised price on the game at launch of $54.99; anything above that I would say is just retailers padding their margins. "

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/doom-3/532605p1.html?fromint=1

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
its been 54.99 in the computer at work for ahwhile now
Last game this expensive was Flight Sim 04

I was kind of hoping the 54.99 preorders were just because of the figurines and the regular package would be 49.99 with some stores offering the usual 1st week sales. Oh, well, I'll buy at Best Buy and hope someone puts it on sale within 30 days.

Top Bottom