• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Collector's Edition!

Matlock

Banned
I was going out to swipe up some cheap paper goods and detergent at Wal-Mart yesterday, and spotted...Doom Collector's Edition.

Now, as a guy who only really played the shareware ep of Doom up until recently, I thought "Hey, why not, it's $10." The first disk comes with "The Ultimate Doom Trilogy," which consists of Ultimate Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom. So far, I'm really impressed with how much better the sequel is than the original. Graphics seem a touch better (in the environment), the action seems a bit harder, and overall it's just pretty damn cool.

The second disk comes with a nice little selection of Doom 3 promo material, including the E3 trailer, some screenshots (for both versions), a handful of wallpapers, some concept art, and developer interviews (If you could really call 'em that. The only thing they really talk about is how Doom 3 is different in both production and experience than the previous ones...and how awesome the tech is. Hot Carmack Coding Action is in his interview clip). The only bad thing about this, other than the fact you've seen most of it before? It's all embedded in a flash file, with no means of which to extract.

All in all, though...for three kickass shootin' games, $10 is easily justifiable. And with a nice slipcover case...well, it can look nice on your desk. ;)

Gattsu25

Banned
I spyed this as well, but decided to pass on it and instead pool all my resources towards the aquisition of a 9800pro

saw that too, saving up for a 9800pro tho

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Yeah, picked that one up as well. The DOOM 3 extras were pretty dissapointing, but to have every official version of DOOM made on one disc is pretty neat. First thing I did was load the was up in J-DOOM with the 3D models add-in and get my nostalgic game on.

Dave Long

Banned
I posted about this on the old boards. It's been at Wal-Mart for awhile and it's a superb collection of the games. At $10, you really can't go wrong. DOOM and DOOM II hold up excellently as pure shooting games too. Highly recommended!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yeah, I bought this like two years ago. Identical, except I didn't get the Doom 3 stuff, of course.

BenT

Yeah, it's a great way to get some Doom on.

However, be absolutely sure to snag a source port for maximum enjoyment. The extra features they add are priceless. I like ZDoom, myself.

Gattsu25

Banned
1021246383-00.jpg

I loved this package when I first bought it.

Top Bottom