• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Hylian7

if you cast lightning on a creep near a hero you have time to close the gap to split earth easier

I realize that, but hitting single target stuns was no problem. It was just the multi-man stuns. Of course a lot of that was nullified with all the BKBs flying around. Hell the BKBs made me pretty useless in general and PA got something like a 2-3k crit on me to kill me before I could even press my Ghost Scepter.

Mordeccai

I fuckign hate the jump range on lesh's lightning.
shit is so stupid.

I did a step up with EVGA for my 970 to the 980ti, decided to try doto with integrated cpu graphics while my card is being shipped out.

goddamn this is ugly. I don't think I'll be playing dota until they send my card back sometime the end of next week T_T

TUSR

Banned
KQIW9pW.png

still

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That's exactly why I made that comment lol, saw them play it.

Actually it would be mostly for SF5, I don't think my laptop can handle it.

I have to choose between a new PC or a PS4, and I'm completely clueless when it comes to building a PC.
i hav don litererlelly erverything in the entire world 4 u
i will not ster u wrong my child
goodjob.gif

*In case you weren't aware: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094682

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Discord sounds good, but I'm wary of how they'll handle monetisation when they need to start making money.

Also the voice and text rooms are completely separate? Doesn't seem like the best way to do things.

bounchfx

Discord sounds good, but I'm wary of how they'll handle monetisation when they need to start making money.

Also the voice and text rooms are completely separate? Doesn't seem like the best way to do things.

apparently they will be selling skins and customization options to make their cash, basically dota cosmetics haha. sounds like it will be open to customize too from what I read

the voice and text are separate yeah but nothing stops you from just all being in the same room though. i'm still messing about with it. I just noticed it also says when someone is in-game too which is kinda neat, similar to steam. overall it's just a modern team chat with a better interface (subjective of course, but yeah)

-

on another note, I really am excited to have time to play dota again, this month has been really busy for me but I should be playing more next week. I'm on a hard dazzle kick for some reason, dude is pretty fun !

bounchfx

what makes discord better than mumble and ts?

honestly all i care about is the look and feel of it, which is leagues better than either of those imo, not having to pay for a server to use it, instant hotlinking to a channel, being able to use it in a browser (pretty big imo, being able to just link someone and have them join without the program needing to be installed) and a couple of other text features like embedding images/gifs, etc.

according to their website though it's a list of other shit like less memory usage. honestly there's nothing wrong with the other programs at all, this just appealed far more to me and I thought I would share. i'd check their website for more of a breakdown though for those curious. ymmv of course hehe

BTS Series
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3il1gg/announcing_the_bts_series_180k_in_prize_pool_over/

Beyond the Summit is proud to announce The BTS Series. Over the next year, BTS will invest $180,000 USD in total prize pool for 18 competitions spread across three distinct regions: America, Southeast Asia, and Europe. The tournament series will provide a competitive platform for up and coming teams to develop talent and synergy through a series of shorter online events. Each event will have open online qualifiers; the top performers will earn a chance to compete against proven invited teams from their region.

This sounds pretty great. More opportunities for new talent

inkls

honestly all i care about is the look and feel of it, which is leagues better than either of those imo, not having to pay for a server to use it, instant hotlinking to a channel, being able to use it in a browser (pretty big imo, being able to just link someone and have them join without the program needing to be installed) and a couple of other text features like embedding images/gifs, etc.

according to their website though it's a list of other shit like less memory usage. honestly there's nothing wrong with the other programs at all, this just appealed far more to me and I thought I would share. i'd check their website for more of a breakdown though for those curious. ymmv of course hehe

I can get behind less memory usage.

inkls

One thing I just remembered was. Remember how this year soundproof booths weren't an issue mentioned by the players?

You guys saw this?

I'm happy they finally found a way to solve that problem.

also the video reminded me of this

They still had to disable roshan noises during the games, but step in the right direction right?

kionedrik

Any of you had success with unconventional builds? I'm asking this because thinking BH could be a support 6 months ago was madness and nowadays he's in every game.

I had success with carry dazzle, carry ogre and carry omni. I've also been trying support OD but I'm not too happy about it.

Any of you had success with unconventional builds? I'm asking this because thinking BH could be a support 6 months ago was madness and nowadays he's in every game.

I had success with carry dazzle, carry ogre and carry omni. I've also been trying support OD but I'm not too happy about it.
I, too, tried support OD on this patch. I decided it was just a shit shadow demon.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I will just chime in about Reborn, playing on USW/USE I find the waits and pings to be basically in line with the normal client. There are still some oddities, like some ward spots being un-clickable (Next to radiant ancients feels like it is too far back to me), but because I get a MASSIVE performance increase in Reborn, I'm going to keep playing it. Honestly, it runs 2x as good as the normal client. So anyhow, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Also Techies still sucks ass. Fuck anyone playing that hero. Even a bad Techies on the other team makes the game take 50 years longer than it should.

Top Bottom