• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

I will just chime in about Reborn, playing on USW/USE I find the waits and pings to be basically in line with the normal client. There are still some oddities, like some ward spots being un-clickable (Next to radiant ancients feels like it is too far back to me), but because I get a MASSIVE performance increase in Reborn, I'm going to keep playing it. Honestly, it runs 2x as good as the normal client. So anyhow, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Also Techies still sucks ass. Fuck anyone playing that hero. Even a bad Techies on the other team makes the game take 50 years longer than it should.

I'll take a techies picker over a pudge/invoker picker ANY DAY

inkls

Any of you had success with unconventional builds? I'm asking this because thinking BH could be a support 6 months ago was madness and nowadays he's in every game.

I had success with carry dazzle, carry ogre and carry omni. I've also been trying support OD but I'm not too happy about it.

What other unconventional stuff is there? I can think of support WR, but thats pretty bad imo. Mid Shadow Shaman is pretty good, so is mid bane and lion even if they are not as popular now.

Also I can think of maybe carry visage like sonneiko did where he built silver edge + AC + daedalus with the normal solar crest.

Yasae

Banned
They're still working on servers? Jesus.

Well I guess 501ms ping and 50% packet loss is the new normal. Unfortunately the game will kill you before it takes your inputs into account, so you can get lag killed by towers. Really a new low for Valve, but, I expect nothing but this from them anymore so...

Any of you had success with unconventional builds? I'm asking this because thinking BH could be a support 6 months ago was madness and nowadays he's in every game.

I had success with carry dazzle, carry ogre and carry omni. I've also been trying support OD but I'm not too happy about it.
Changes in the meta also have a huge influence in what does and does not work. Every role has changed a lot since offlane BH was one of the more popular offlaners.

Disregarding that, mid ogre is extremely underrated. I also really like offlane Lina.

kionedrik

why would you build support OD when that just means you're wasting two of his abilities

My reasoning is the following:
- Orb is a great harass tool, even with low int and at low levels
- Astral is also good for harass albeit not physical harass but psychological. During laning you can keep any enemy in an oom state forever, negating any nukes or escapes mechanisms he might have
- Aura works great in groups. You can supply your support partner and/or mid/safe laner with much needed mana for another nuke (like KotL).
- Ult is a throwaway skill for teamfights.

I basically imagine him as a great duo roamer that sets up for stuns or slows from others and that can scale into semi-carry if needed, more or less like support Naga.

Don't really watch that much anime but I came across in this anime called clannad. Shit had me
misc-frog.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Now back to dotes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Well I guess 501ms ping and 50% packet loss is the new normal. Unfortunately the game will kill you before it takes your inputs into account, so you can get lag killed by towers. Really a new low for Valve, but, I expect nothing but this from them anymore so...
My ping seems generally much better, to be honest.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

If you are talking about Europe West, Valve is just at Capacity there. Likely will take a few weeks to fix.

Boots first, harass the shit out of them with blast, spell is crazy good in lane
You also get a lot of xp in a 1v2 situation, you'd get 2 levels ahead easily

Yasae

Banned
If you are talking about Europe West, Valve is just at Capacity there. Likely will take a few weeks to fix.
I mean US servers. Those have been lagging like mad for a week straight. My net's fine until I play dota, then it's back to old tf2 packet loss days. Maybe it's just a regional thing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I mean US servers. Those have been lagging like mad for a week straight. My net's fine until I play dota, then it's back to old tf2 packet loss days. Maybe it's just a regional thing.

I haven't had it happen to me when playing in the Evenings. Do you know if you are on US East/US West?

I know when I lived in Florida my ISP suddenly got really crappy about routing stuff to Seattle so I had to stop playing on US West.

Since we are talking Street Figjter and Dota, I had an idea for a custom game wher you could select a hero by patch version. Current cancer vs. Cancers past.

Mordeccai

carry ogre so legit. wish I saved my replay from a few months ago, but I start off with supporting with soul ring and tranquils, balled too hard, ended up with aghs + blood stone + travels around 35 minutes. Picked up an octarine a few minutes later, then topped it off with BKB. one of my most fun games in recent memory.

I guess what could be fun is :
Take every hero in the most OP version they ever were and put that in a mode with normal dota rules, see what happens. Same for items.
For example that would be sniper and troll 6.83, 6.79 kaolin, etc

Since we are talking Street Figjter and Dota, I had an idea for a custom game wher you could select a hero by patch version. Current cancer vs. Cancers past.
Only if you only include the OP heroes of every patch, nobody's interested in playing awful versions of heroes. So basically what shugg said, best version of every hero.

Though I have a feeling that most of the OP heroes of older patches won't be as strong as the latest ones.

Top Bottom