• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
the shit normalfish is thinking of was a hon mechanic. void bashed every 5 attacks or someshit

fuck hon

I don't think it was so bad. I mean, you could "prime" it, but it also reduced volatility and #ESPORTS.

the shit normalfish is thinking of was a hon mechanic. void bashed every 5 attacks or someshit

fuck hon

League has this with multiple heroes. Leads to some interesting trades (attacking someone right after they use their on-hit effect to last hit, or inversely attacking someone when your proc is your next hit). Also allows for tons of AS which is nice. Can't speak about HoN.

gaming side can't handle the booty

AhaDKmT.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Generally, I dislike booty culture.

But R. Mika's bootyslap into double bubble butt-endo was hilarious.

Demoli

Yo Rainbow Mika in SF5 I'm so fockin happy.

Now bring over Q, Urien and Karin. Altough Akuma will probably be one of the returning characters and so will Juri since SF4 has no representation yet. Then again, not like it mattered for 4 either.

Still, I didn't think R mika would be in in this day and age, so happy.

IHL3 post when.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
01:01:13 (@SteamDB) 400 new strings for games/dota2/dotaS2_english.txt - https://translation.steampowered.com/translate.php?listfilter=1&listsort=3&branch_ID=26&file_ID=241

That is a lot of new strings.

Beta Server has only updated twice since TI5. Which is a bit odd. Though the updated strings could simply be for UI features, like a ton of stuff needs to be fleshed out.

Actually if its for dotaS2_english, that really likely to be UI. A large Reborn patch is decently likely for the next few days.

JC Sera

dotabuff did an article on pitlord coming out next
my survey had pitlord as the large majority coming out

I'd laugh if arc warden comes out next
and cry because so many attempted rapiers and stats worse than alch

bounchfx

dotabuff did an article on pitlord coming out next
my survey had pitlord as the large majority coming out

I'd laugh if arc warden comes out next
and cry because so many attempted rapiers and stats worse than alch

I'd take either new hero, but I'd love to see both come out at once. I just don't see any reason for valve to do that when they can just save one for another update, and space out the inevitable arcanas. how long has it been since we got WW? that's the latest hero yeah?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Most of the front end work for IHL3 will be done tonight.

OT when Anbokr puts it up.

Just an addendum: you can sign up whenever the ot goes up (should be soon--next few days, just waitin on a couple things). I figured the more time to sign up, the better.

shira

just an addendum: you can sign up whenever the ot goes up (should be soon--next few days, just waitin on a couple things), figured the more time the better

Do you know the time for the deadline for sign-up? I'll add that to my important dates/times post.

Hylian7

Yep.

I'd say simultaneous release is more likely. It's Source to Source 2, not WC3 to Source 2. I mean WC3 Dota is still on 6.83d. It's been this way for the last handful of patches where they are released in Dota 2 first, and WC3 later. This is probably because of all the workarounds that likely have to be made to make stuff work in WC3 and even then, it might not be 100%.

A good example of this is when Broodmother was reworked to have terrain-free pathing. That would lead to problems in WC3, but even though it's been fixed quite a bit, the same problem Spectre always had where you have to make tiny clicks in front of your hero to move through trees and such, because the WC3 engine thinks you can't path through the unpathable terrain when you actually can.

Also I'm sure the whole thing about Observer and Sentry wards in one slot, along with ward sharing was pretty difficult to implement in WC3, if it even was fully implemented.

Top Bottom