• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

W1SSY

I think I am just going to put my icon in the jungle at the beginning of pick phase hoping it keeps my team from trying to jungle some hero.

Saprol

Can we even get it in Canada? Our controller preorder goes through EBgames, not Steam.

It's the only good one, really.

Good nerd figurine collectible crap:
Bad nerd figurine collectible crap:
Leeg needs more partnerships with Good Smile. The others are stuff like this.

GUoO60Q.png

sick.gif

Saprol

For customers who pre-order or have already pre-ordered the Steam Controller, Steam Link or Steam Machine at retail:
You will receive a key for free copies of Rocket League and Portal 2 when you complete and pick up your purchase.
i dont want it in november though

Hylian7

https://gaming.youtube.com/hyliansevendota

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/5/5e/Spec_move_03.mp3

The worst teammates are not those that feed and make mistakes all the time, they are those that give up. The last game I played on stream was totally salvagable, nobody seemed to believe it though and wanted to sit fountain and let them end after one rax. It was doable if we played it smartly.

Also fuck Bloodseeker, I have yet to see a game where he doesn't snowball and is not complete and total bullshit, whether he wins or loses.

JC Sera

https://gaming.youtube.com/hyliansevendota

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/5/5e/Spec_move_03.mp3

The worst teammates are not those that feed and make mistakes all the time, they are those that give up. The last game I played on stream was totally salvagable, nobody seemed to believe it though and wanted to sit fountain and let them end after one rax. It was doable if we played it smartly.

Also fuck Bloodseeker, I have yet to see a game where he doesn't snowball and is not complete and total bullshit, whether he wins or loses.
Thats why I play him to get my prediction charms :^)

shira

It doesn't link to the live stream . . .

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=DhAbXnXbIdo

DhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdo

edit: oh boy arguing with peasants

Hylian7

It doesn't link to the live stream . . .

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=DhAbXnXbIdo

DhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdoDhAbXnXbIdo

edit: oh boy arguing with peasants

http://gaming.youtube.com/hyliansevendota/live

Do any of you have any experience with melatonin (and not the over the counter stuff since I have zero faith in homeopathic medicine)? I need to get better sleep.

Alternatively you guys can list heroes that are confirmed insomnia curers.

Hylian7

tagged NSFW language

Congrats hylian7, #1 doto youtube strimr in the world
s8hEFFN.png

Honestly I'm pretty damn taken aback by the fact I had so many viewers. I mean I'm just some nobody streaming Dota. It may not last, but it's impressive to see. Thanks to all of you that watched.

Do any of you have any experience with melatonin (and not the over the counter stuff since I have zero faith in homeopathic medicine)? I need to get better sleep.

I take it, works pretty well for me, sometimes have trouble sleeping still without another sleep aid though.

M.D

ah didn't realize moon confirmed he's leaving complexity, i guess that pretty much confirms that notail fly moon crit miracle team

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

I don't sleep well at all, like 4-4.5 hours per night usually, and I've tried melatonin. It sort of worked, but it made me feel like there was a veil over my senses rather than sleepy. I really didn't like the feeling and have stopped using it.

TUSR

Banned

I don't sleep well at all, like 4-4.5 hours per night usually, and I've tried melatonin. It sort of worked, but it made me feel like there was a veil over my senses rather than sleepy. I really didn't like the feeling and have stopped using it.

i can second this, i was taking it during school for a semester

did more harm than good

sure i was sleeping more, but when i was awake i didnt feel all there

^I saw that

i can second this, i was taking it during school for a semester

did more harm than good

sure i was sleeping more, but when i was awake i didnt feel all there
Thanks for the heads up. I've been feeling similarly as is so feeling more like that would not help much.

Nymerio

I've had bad sleep for years, what finally helped was when I stopped doing PC stuff before going to bed. If I don't turn off my PC one or two hours before going to bed I won't be able to sleep properly.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Stop playing Dota a while before you want to go to sleep. My therapist is always telling me that playing videogames shortly before bed is bad for sleep. Try getting into bed and reading for a while.

Honestly the thing that's done the most to regulate my sleep pattern is probably my medication. As long as I take it in the morning I'm exhausted by the evening. That's not very helpful, sorry.

[edit] Oh another thing is, don't resist the urge to go to sleep when you feel tired, even if you think it's too early.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I honestly don't play Dota to the extent you guys do. That's not a problem.

Just don't play videogames before sleep. Read.

As I say though the only thing that has had a regulatory effect on my sleep pattern is my medication, which is prescription. So that's ultimately not very helpful.

A friend of mine started taking it and was very happy with the effects but obviously I'm not him so I can't say much about side effects or anything.

I've also had severe sleeping problems at one point, the solutions for me were:

1. Stop having my phone next to me when I go to sleep, every time I fucked around with it it reset the amount of time I needed to fall asleep.

2. Listen to music or find another way to distract my mind, the main reason I wasn't sleeping was because my mind was too active(and angry) to be able to sleep.

Try identifying why it is exactly that you're not falling asleep and try solving those problems before resorting to sleeping pills and stuff.

Top Bottom