• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

gai_shain

does anyone?
dac15_stab.gif

There you go to help you remember:
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1496592093
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1496470551

Oh wait you were on the bench those games because not good enough
yolo.gif

bts_lina.gif

Low Tier
i mean really a lot of games i dont even feel like skilling vortex until like lvl 10. rather farm jungle honestly

Hylian7

Do not skill 1/1/2/0.
Disagree, I have had more success with that build than skipping vortex. In most pub games you need it early because your team won't give you time to just farm for 10 minutes while Lina or Bloodseeker eat your team. Also two points are remnant are useless if BS is full on Sonic the Hedgehog and gets away from you.

inkls

Disagree, I have had more success with that build than skipping vortex. In most pub games you need it early because your team won't give you time to just farm for 10 minutes while Lina or Bloodseeker eat your team. Also two points are remnant are useless if BS is full on Sonic the Hedgehog and gets away from you.

1.5 sec pull is gonna solve your team's feeding issue?

I'd argue better dmg output and farm is whats gonna carry your team to victory. If you're roaming at level 4 as storm, something is very wrong.

Hylian7

1.5 sec pull is gonna solve your team's feeding issue?

I'd argue better dmg output and farm is whats gonna carry your team to victory. If you're roaming at level 4 as storm, something is very wrong.
Absolutely, because what will they be doing? Diving towers. If you can punish that, you kill them. I never roam at 4 as Storm, however there is an expectation to do something after 6 and not wait ten years to actually be useful. This is Storm Spirit, not Naga farming Radiance mid.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
honestly as a storm spirit player (100% wr) it's so entertaining for me to see u noobs pretending that u know what ur talking about

Low Tier
I think its time we use hero score as a proper metric for talking about heroes, and solo mmr for overall game discussion. This way everyone's opinions are quantified and we aren't all on equal ground.

inkls

Absolutely, because what will they be doing? Diving towers. If you can punish that, you kill them. I never roam at 4 as Storm, however there is an expectation to do something after 6 and not wait ten years to actually be useful. This is Storm Spirit, not Naga farming Radiance mid.

rofl

hylian pls. theres a difference between getting pull at level 8 and farming an 18 min radiance.

Also expect mid to roam at level 6? In a meta with farming mids?

Hylian7

Hylian have you heard of a kid named Sumail?

Go check his skill build in the last 50 games on Storm Spirit.

I realize that, but he is in much higher MMR games where the teams are much different, and actually understand that Storm can't just walk into a lane and stun Laguna someone at level 6. I guarantee you that in a lot of games that I have won with Storm, that if we did that, we would have lost.

FACE

Banned

I think you're mistaking Storm Spirit for Bounty Hunter.

Hylian7

rofl

hylian pls. theres a difference between getting pull at level 8 and farming an 18 min radiance.

Also expect mid to roam at level 6? In a meta with farming mids?

When you see Lina and Bloodseeker doing it every single game, yeah, they might expect something, even if it's just carrying a TP and rotating.

I always used 1-1-4-1, then getting Vortex to 3, then maxing Remnant.

inkls

When you see Lina and Bloodseeker doing it every single game, yeah, they might expect something, even if it's just carrying a TP and rotating.

I always used 1-1-4-1, then getting Vortex to 3, then maxing Remnant.

and you always used to go orchid first into bloodstone and saying bloodstone first was a pub strat, and which one do you build now? At Ti1 storm build was to max remnant first, do you think it would be a good idea to do so now? Builds, skill, items. They change.

lowest mmr gets first pick right
qvpKQgs.gif

thinking.gif

Hylian7

and you always used to go orchid first into bloodstone and saying bloodstone first was a pub strat, and which one do you build now? At Ti1 storm build was to max remnant first, do you think it would be a good idea?

thinking.gif

Those are very different from getting a free disable and being able to punish dives vs not having that at all while Bloodseeker and Lina eat up your whole team.

inkls

Those are very different from getting a free disable and being able to punish dives vs not having that at all while Bloodseeker and Lina eat up your whole team.

yes, the 1.5 sec pull is whats preventing bloodseeker and lina from destroying your team

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif

what's the MMR requirement on captaincy

technically there really isn't one this season, but there are only 12 captain slots this time around so we are going to be a lil more picky when selecting captains this time around (provided more than 12 sign up in the first place)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
technically there really isn't one this season, but there are only 12 captain slots this time around so we are going to be a lil more picky when selecting captains this time around (provided more than 12 sign up in the first place)

thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif

i c

I feel like every time I check this thread there's an argument between Hylian7 and 3+ other people. Why can't you guys get along like your older sibling the TF2-OT.

TUSR

Banned
hey man if you're defending a skill build with a <50% win rate go right ahead.

two bear draft me in the 7th round, there is a chance I could make games.

Hylian7

hey man if you're defending a skill build with a <50% win rate go right ahead.

That's my all-time winrate on the hero, including all the games where I was still trying to get a grip on the hero. I have a higher than 50% winrate this patch, and the last 12 months.

Top Bottom