• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Hylian7

More new strings for translation:

Dota 2 will soon require the Reborn client. Install it now and be ready to play!
Preload the update now so you're ready to play as soon as it's released in the coming days.

sounds like reborn becoming the main client is happening a lot sooner than expected and wouldn't be surprised if it's paired with 6.85

I would hope so. It's very playable right now, and I would play more ranked games in it if queue time wasn't so long.
hylian can we be on the same team when ihl3 happens
lets make amends
being serious

In all honesty, if you are serious and this isn't some kind of elaborate troll, sure, I would be open to it.

Kard8p3

i mean if u cant make it why not just send in a list of like the top 20 people you want or w/e and bokr will assign them to you when its your turn (assuming no one has drafted that player, which is why i said top 20)

lmao

Just do it by post. Open a thread, only captains get to post. Go down the list one by one.
I dunno I liked the stream even though it was a bit rough around the edges and at an awful time.
So Dirty Bomb is a good time. Until there's a hacker. At which point it's fucking awful.

How often do you see hackers? And do you feel like you have to spend an inordinate amount of time to keep up with people who spend money on it?

Kade

Might not take part in this IHL after that one Viper game I played last season. It was traumatizing and was a low point in my Dota playing career.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm playing Shadowrun Hong Kong and I am up to my ass in hackers.

Chris R

Is there a trench league?

edit: and for Reborn... if I download the "beta" it's files won't redownload when the real thing launches right? Living with a bandwidth cap sucks, but we have some extra space this month so I might download it now to make it easier later.

How often do you see hackers? And do you feel like you have to spend an inordinate amount of time to keep up with people who spend money on it?

I have seen 1 hacker in like 5 games. Honestly not enough sample size as I just downloaded a little while ago.

I don't feel that way, but others might. It's closer to League's monetization than Dota's. There's a weekly rotation of classes but you can pay with real or in game to permanently unlock a class. Because it's an FPS, though, there isn't a whole lot of need for a wide variety of classes I feel. Try them when they're free, if there's one that you feel you really want then you can buy it. What I haven't figured out is if the in game currency can be accumulated at a decent rate. Additionally, there are little perks and class variation "cards" that might potentially be pretty significant, but I don't know yet.

shira

what is the schedule for next ihl season? is thread already up?

OT is going up soon

IHL3 important dates
- IHL3 Signups (anytime- Sep 10)
- DEADLINE: Sep 10
- IHL3 Draft Sep 11 or 12
- IHL3 starts (Sep 18- Sep 20)
t1442595600z4.png

Kade

I have seen 1 hacker in like 5 games. Honestly not enough sample size as I just downloaded a little while ago.

I don't feel that way, but others might. It's closer to League's monetization than Dota's. There's a weekly rotation of classes but you can pay with real or in game to permanently unlock a class. Because it's an FPS, though, there isn't a whole lot of need for a wide variety of classes I feel. Try them when they're free, if there's one that you feel you really want then you can buy it. What I haven't figured out is if the in game currency can be accumulated at a decent rate. Additionally, there are little perks and class variation "cards" that might potentially be pretty significant, but I don't know yet.

The difference between the cards only matters from Lead to Bronze tier. Lead has 1 perk, Iron has 2 perks, Bronze and above all have 3 perks. The differences between the Bronze to Cobalt is the gun colours and skins. So you only need Bronze cards to be "competitive" but you won't be at a huge disadvantage as 95% of the perks are very minor and everyone has the same guns. Currency is easy to get early on, especially if you do the daily objectives and do well in matches but I've noticed the rate at which I get coins has dropped off the more I play. You can buy cards with perks and guns you want from the shop if you don't want to gamble on the cases but it'll cost more.

The difference between the cards only matters from Lead to Bronze tier. Lead has 1 perk, Iron has 2 perks, Bronze and above all have 3 perks. The differences between the Bronze to Cobalt is the gun colours and skins. So you only need Bronze cards to be "competitive" but you won't be at a huge disadvantage as 95% of the perks are very minor and everyone has the same guns. Currency is easy to get early on, especially if you do the daily objectives and do well in matches but I've noticed the rate at which I get coins has dropped off the more I play. You can buy cards with perks and guns you want from the shop if you don't want to gamble on the cases but it'll cost more.
Ah okay, good stuff. Yeah, then I'd say the monetization is relatively inoffensive for a game that I think is comparable or better than most of the F2P FPS options today. Hopefully my opinion doesn't worsen with time, since I'm really enjoying it.

Hylian7

I'd say she's one of the strongest heroes that doesn't need a nerf. It's definitely possible to deal with her but she can get out of hand very easily depending on how fast she gets her blink+deso.

I think she will get a slap on the wrist at the very least. Nothing quite the caliber of the post-TI2 Refraction mana cost increase. It used to be 50 if I'm not mistaken. Whatever it was it was pretty damn cheap, and she was way OP.

Top Bottom