• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

JC Sera

Dear Icefrog.

Delete Lina.
Not if she deletes you first
bts_lina.gif

Hylian7

1225 range Dragon Slave
675 range attack
Pure damage with Aghs (which she'll get by 25 minutes always in a pub game)

Why is this hero allowed to exist

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
cause she was constantly buffed for 2 years without seeing competitive play, now it's like; Oh this hero might be strong- holy shit shes awesome!
pwou69d.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It was needed. I was tired of casters being second class citizens in the late game. Now with the
iconic
QoP and Lina throwing pure damage out of their cleavage, being INT is no longer necessarily a potential liability.

They are the forerunners of a new era of INT domination.

fire.gif

Hylian7

47% winrate

That's honestly shocking to me, because in every single one of my games, she snowballs, whether I win or lose it against her. She wins lanes for free and is second to only Leshrac, and then can just eat up entire teams without much effort.

Edit: TA can beat her too I guess technically.

Pratfall

That's honestly shocking to me, because in every single one of my games, she snowballs, whether I win or lose it against her. She wins lanes for free and is second to only Leshrac, and then can just eat up entire teams without much effort.

Edit: TA can beat her too I guess technically.

leshrac i can see eating up teams, but lina? late game she is a laguna blade that might right click a bit.

Low Tier
how come hylians complaining about lina now wasnt it bloodseeker thats the issue

also how can you argue about snowballing heroes being imba when you spam storm spirit u mongo

TUSR

Banned
how come hylians complaining about lina now wasnt it bloodseeker thats the issue

also how can you argue about snowballing heroes being imba when you spam storm spirit u mongo

its harder to snowball when you cant flash farm with 2 in remnant

Hylian7

There's more to this game than KDA, who knew?

There absolutely is, but that isn't the issue. She blows up your cores, the rest of their team has the space to wipe your team. If you have no cores, you aren't winning the game. She blows up your cores constantly? Your supports have nobody to make space for.

It's always Lina or Bloodseeker, I don't think I have this much trouble with any other snowballer hero.

Like I said before, Lina the issue is the wins lane vs everyone except Leshrac and TA pretty much. Debatably QoP too, but I think she has a good matchup there as she outranges QoP, and QoP is pretty squishy.

Bloodseeker, the main issue is just the absurd amount of damage output he has so early into the game. I mean you have Pure damage nuke, which in and of itself isn't a problem. Then you have Bloodrage damage, okay, that's fine too. Then you try to TP out him and then Thirst kicks in and you're definitely dead now. He's always been a classic pub feared hero, but I think now there actually is some merit to that.

And I don't know if anyone missed it the other day, but I thought more about Slark after playing against him more, and I don't think he is OP, however he is frustrating to play against.

There's also the less spoken of issue vs these two heroes (and any snowballer really, but since it's usually these two it really applies to them) of teams getting disheartened and frustrated, and their play is affected as a result, or in the rare case when they straight up go "gg i go feed now" Obviously that one can't be changed by any patch, but it's certainly something that affects pub games.

Hylian7

On an unrelated note, my stack and I gave Discord a try. It has some nice features, the invite link being a particularly good one.

I was put off by the text and voice chat separations, but I kind of get it now. Basically if you have the desktop application, you always stay connected to the text chat so someone can go "Hey wanna play x", and of course you choose whether to stay connected to the voice server or not. Also great that it actually tells what games people are playing.

On the downside though, voice quality is a big step down from Mumble. Knowing what my friends' voices usually sounded like in Mumble I could tell it was a step down, and unless it improves on that front, Mumble will be superior in that regard.

Overall kind of a mixed bag, but I like it.

It's always Lina or Bloodseeker, I don't think I have this much trouble with any other snowballer hero.

*snip*

And I don't know if anyone missed it the other day, but I thought more about Slark after playing against him more, and I don't think he is OP, however he is frustrating to play against.

Just like how you finally saw Slark was not OP, maybe even without a nerf to Lina in 2 months you'll see that she's not OP either.

Nobody is saying she isn't strong. 950 pure damage ult with Aghs is undeniably strong. The fact that she can be played as a core or a support makes her useful in Captain's mode as a fakeout hero too. Is she OP though? 47.19% win rate suggests not really. Even at TI5 it felt like she never ran away with the game by herself unlike, say, Storm.

Hylian7

Just like how you finally saw Slark was not OP, maybe even without a nerf to Lina in 2 months you'll see that she's not OP either.

Nobody is saying she isn't strong. 950 pure damage ult with Aghs is undeniably strong. The fact that she can be played as a core or a support makes her useful in Captain's mode as a fakeout hero too. Is she OP though? 47.19% win rate suggests not really. Even at TI5 it felt like she never ran away with the game by herself unlike, say, Storm.

Lets be honest, she's totally going to get some kind of nerf. I think that's pretty undeniable.

My main issue with her is just she is so ridiculously frustrating to lane against. Unless you have Techies (just his attack range, not his damage, lol) or Sniper's (with Take Aim) range, good luck. Unless you counterpicked with Leshrac or TA, it seems like a lost lane.

Storm in particular is an example of a matchup I don't really see a way to beat her with, but this can apply to plenty of other mid heroes too. Her attack range is one thing, but then Dragon Slave's range is so ridiculous, and it's super wide too. I can try to anticipate and dodge it, and then of course she throws you for a loop and casts it in a different direction, despite the fact that she was right clicking down two creeps to obvoiusly try to get the double last hit out of the Dragon Slave.

The main issue I have with it is that pretty much no hero can take creep aggro to control the lane from her at all. She can sit there and do it from high ground and nuke you if you even try to approach in range to take creep aggro.

Puck - Shorter attack range, can dodge stun with Phase Shift, but Dragon Slave animation is too quick and you can't really anticipate it easily.
QoP - Probably worse off than Storm against her. Good luck getting close enough to Dagger without losing at least half of your HP, if not more.
DP - Not great right now in general, but she basically wishes she was Lina as far as laning goes. 600 vs 675 attack range. Crypt Swarm is pretty much inferior to Dragon Slave in almost every way. Presents a lot of the same problems as it is with other heroes.
Kunkka - Melee, Tidebringer might help by pushing creep wave into tower faster to get control back, but still you will have a difficult time taking last hits without Tidebringer.
Razor - Static Link range is shorter than her attack range, plus she has plenty of ground to run back to break it, and you will be forced back.
Viper - This one might work, would have to give it a try.
Skywrath - Can Bolt her from a good distance, also plausible, but you would have to Bolt for CS more often than you would like.
SF - Stands a chance, still in a tough spot though with how frail he is. If you can land good razes for double CS and hit her you can win it. If her positioning is on point though, good luck.

She beats almost every single one of those mids, and those were some I just though of off the top of my head, I know a lot of them are not the hot mids these days.

Kard8p3

I need to do that more. Still doesn't really do anything about her getting free farm and a 15 minute Euls though. Unless teammates gank her of course.

Same thing for when you play QoP as well (or any mid who can flash farm), stacking camps is
goodjob.gif
goodjob.gif

but yeah, ur supports should be rotating if they aren't braindead. of course it also doesnt hurt to ask them to do it if they arent

I'm not surprised if Lina gets a slap on the wrist too. (As a reminder: she already did get one with her Aghs no longer giving increased cast range in 6.84).

I would be surprised if the nerfs came as hard as, say, Tinker not being to farm Ancients anymore, or Sniper's nerfs in 6.84.

Once again Hylian: Nobody is saying Lina isn't strong. Is she Sniper/Troll 6.83 tier OP? Is she Earth Spirit 6.79 tier OP? Probably not. Is she even the strongest hero in 6.84 right now? Also probably not. Is she deserving of a nerf? Probably a slight one. To me, all of that adds up to her being a strong hero, not particularly broken in terms of how overpowered she is.

Hylian7

Same thing for when you play QoP as well (or any mid who can flash farm), stacking camps is
goodjob.gif
goodjob.gif

but yeah, ur supports should be rotating if they aren't braindead. of course it also doesnt hurt to ask them to do it if they arent

I often to ask them for it, I'd say about 50% of the time I get "fail mid gg" even if I haven't even died and dodged ganks from her team's supports.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
as i've been saying for a while, all of the popular mids atm (ss, lesh, sf, linda, ta) need a slap on the wrist nerf tbh

Hylian7

Oh I know, just makes the game that much harder though when they don't listen and help you, and then suddenly Lina or Bloodseeker is 10/0 by 10 minutes, and then of course the blame game begins.

The worst teammates are the ones that give up too soon. These kinds of situations cause that.

I had a game once where my teammates did a great job early on (like pre-3 minutes) helping gank the enemy Lina when I was playing Storm. Won the lane for me. I took the advantage to get the lane farm and the jungle farm, so the Bloodstone would be online sooner. Lina leaves the lane and starts blowing people up, and suddenly I have four angry people saying "we lost, we won mid for storm and he hasn't done shit"

We still won that game, but I have had many similar situations like that.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Pugna should be lashing in this patch with all of the heroes who spam their aids constantly

Instead he does nothing to stop it

Fix it please

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
They should really nerf Jaina tbh. Too much AOE damage and slow. She does the work of 2 heroes combined.

Oh I know, just makes the game that much harder though when they don't listen and help you, and then suddenly Lina or Bloodseeker is 10/0 by 10 minutes, and then of course the blame game begins.

The worst teammates are the ones that give up too soon. These kinds of situations cause that.

I had a game once where my teammates did a great job early on (like pre-3 minutes) helping gank the enemy Lina when I was playing Storm. Won the lane for me. I took the advantage to get the lane farm and the jungle farm, so the Bloodstone would be online sooner. Lina leaves the lane and starts blowing people up, and suddenly I have four angry people saying "we lost, we won mid for storm and he hasn't done shit"

We still won that game, but I have had many similar situations like that.
Nyx for lina? Maybe pug?
Lc for bs?

Let me know how it goes

pompidu

So i played as spectre today. And then i analyzed her abilities. They are all garbage except for maybe the first skill.

To even be even remotely a threat you have to outfarm the other team for like 40mins.

Never touching this hero again.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So i played as spectre today. And then i analyzed her abilities. They are all garbage except for maybe the first skill.

To even be even remotely a threat you have to outfarm the other team for like 40mins.

I lowkey don't understand her tbh, she's so squishy in lane and it takes six hours to come online. Why would I pick her over Naga if I wanted to play a cancerous late game pushing carry?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
You know game is going to be good when you see this shit when loading in:

jIlW16E.jpg

Turns out he was actually a feeder as well.
facepalm.gif

I hate playing with 3/4 stacks.

TUSR

Banned

do you realize what you've done?

Top Bottom